May 19th Update Broken (responded)

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
Cboukal

May 19th Update Broken (responded)

Post by Cboukal » Thu May 19, 2016 5:49 pm

Good Evening,
Any of our parents that updated Iscore central to the version that was pushed on May 19th got a window the asks them to upgrade to premium. In the top right corner there is a "Not not" button, however when you click it you are brought back to the prior game select screen. Anyone that didn't run the update yet does not have this issue. please help

This for the iPhones
jmilam62

Re: May 19th Update Broken

Post by jmilam62 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:56 pm

I have the same problem. You can view the game on a computer, but not on a phone or tablet. Very frustrating. I recommend not upgrading.
Cboukal

Post by Cboukal » Fri May 20, 2016 8:04 am

Everyone I just received the below response from Iscore reguarding this "issue". Apparently during a season when people paid for their program with the understanding that the parents would be able to watch the scorecast for free they decided to bait and switch their users. I have responded to them telling them that is unethical and they should allow us to finish the season before making their change. I understand they are trying to update and make their product compete with Game changer but during a season that you already charged your customers for a service you are no longer going to provide is unacceptable. Please Email support@siplay.com and tell them this is unacceptable business practice to charge people more for something they already paid for once during the season. I am fine with them making the change next season when we haven't paid for the program already with the understanding our team could watch for free.

Email:
There have been a few changes being implemented with the recent updates. The viewing of iScorecasting is a little different. People will still be able to view updated scores for free, however to view the games, you would have to purchase a membership, which is $4.99 for three months. In order to allow more teams to enjoy iScore and more games to be scored, we recently published a free version of iScore baseball, which previously cost $9.99. While changing the model on iScore Central is certainly a major change too, which we understand not all users will appreciate, we believe we are still offering great products at a tremendous value for our users, especially with the transition of iScore Baseball to free. Furthermore, please know that we are also investing a great deal in our products and there will be a lot more great stuff to come in the months ahead. Our commitment to those great products for players, coaches, parents, and fans alike is the heart of what we are about.
Cboukal

Post by Cboukal » Fri May 20, 2016 9:38 am

Another update, Since I have typically 20-25 people connect a game this would cost us well over $125 to finish the season so I contacted the other major player in this space and they are taking on people effected by this and are willing to get you setup for the rest of the season since we are displaced from iscore. Apparently they have been getting hundreds of requests already in 2 days. Good move iscore
MrPitner

Post by MrPitner » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:18 pm

Disappointed to say the least. I paid $10 a year ago because I loved the iScore app used by other coaches, but now it's free. I asked iScore if they would be willing to provide me with a couple of subscriptions this year to the iScore Central app to offset my paid amount for the iScore app. They said nope. Would have thought it would have been a nice gesture by iScore to keep a customer from complaining about their app changes.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:28 pm

We are pretty sure you would not have gotten a response of "nope" from any of our support staff. If this request you are describing was to our support folks, they may have responded that it is not possible to offer subscriptions for free (Apple does not give any way of doing this), but the answer would not have been "nope". The way you are describing it sounds like you were asking us to pay you to not complain. We would never pay anyone to not complain, and we respect all opinions and have always been open to both criticism and compliments. We look to improve our product continually based on the feedback of customers. If you have used iScore for a year after having paid $10 for it, it seems a bit odd to think that was not a fair value, and we are sorry to hear that you feel that way.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Cboukal

Post by Cboukal » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:40 am

FTMSupport, I would agree I received no response to my inquiry so I think thats how you are handling it. The issue I paid $10 for your app in March and we are still in season. So what happened is I paid to use the app for the season and now you want more money after I already paid for it and didn't get to use it. That's not paying someone to complain that's Bait and Switch. You are not paying people to not complain, that would be holding up your agreement to customers who paid to use this service for the season.

Please help me understand why its ok to charge a customer to use your program for a baseball season, then half way through the baseball season you tell them you want more money to keep using what I already paid for.

I look forward to hearing from you.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:02 am

@Choukal - You can continue using iScore Basebsll (which is what you paid for) as long as you like. We are not charging for that and have in fact made it a free product now. The iScore Central app now requires a subscription to watch games through that app.

Your first post above showed the response you got from us. Now you are saying we did not respond. While any change is not going to be greeted with happiness by all users, we have always been honest and open about everything we have done. The response that you actually did get explains the change that has taken place as well as reasons for those changes.
Cboukal

Post by Cboukal » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:39 am

I did get one response, but when asked how iscore was going to make it right with their users I got no response. (3 weeks today) I am actually still waiting so if you want to give me an Email address I can reforward my email that was unresponded to stating that you guys are pulling the carpet out from something I paid for to use for the season. When I paid the $10 it was under the understanding from your company that my parents would be able to use the app and watch the games free of charge from your app. That is why I paid the $10 rather than using Game Changer's app which was already free. Your description PROMISED that users could watch in the app free of charge when I paid $10... So then you change the app to free and charge the parents to use the app when users didn't get the full baseball season that they paid for. I requested a refund for my $10 to start with because I didn't get what I was promised when I paid for it. I guess I don't get how you are saying I paid for the app, when I paid for the app and the free connection for parents through the app.

Here is the definition of bait and switch: the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.

So lets recap that, you advertised the app and free app connections for parents for $10 (that's an apparent bargain) then you substituted a more expensive goods (charging each user to use what I already paid for once)

What am I missing?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:02 am

The statement you received from support and that we have stated elsewhere in this forum describes the change that took place and the rationale behind it. We realize not everyone is going to agree with it, and that will always be the case as companies try and evolve to meet a changing business environment. When iScore was originally released, there was not a concept of in app purchases or subscriptions. Traditional software models allowed developers to have annual upgrades to software (think of any traditional software you may have purchased on a computer and the offer each year to upgrade). Apple does not offer a traditional software model, so in order to continue to improve the product, we need to work within the system they do allow to keep revenue coming in and allow the betterment of products. We do believe this new model is going to allow us to evolve and continue creating the best products on the market. We also believe it is still an a tremendous value both on its own, and in comparison to other products available.

You can request refunds for an app purchased from Apple directly from them if you are not happy. They do not give developers the ability to give refunds on apps purchased through their app store.