On Android tablet, in Game Stats Sheet not auto updating w/o multiple attempts (Open, @support unable to replicate)

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
markin

On Android tablet, in Game Stats Sheet not auto updating w/o multiple attempts (Open, @support unable to replicate)

Post by markin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:21 pm

I am scoring games on an android tablet. Whenever I hit the stats button during a game the stats are never updated. I have to go in, go out and then go back in to get the correct stats.

Using iScore v4.46.404 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. This is not a new problem though.
markin

Re: Stats error during games

Post by markin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:38 pm

markin wrote:I am scoring games on an android tablet. Whenever I hit the stats button during a game the stats are never updated. I have to go in, go out and then go back in to get the correct stats.

Using iScore v4.46.404 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. This is not a new problem though.
This problem continues to this day and I have not had ANY response!
markin

Post by markin » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:30 pm

I am extremely disappointed that not only have I NOT received any response on this problem, but 2-1/2 years later I still have the same problem - on several different phones/tablets.
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Well this doesn't answer it, but at least someone read your note. Using iScore on my android phone I had an issue this weekend where the coach asked for a pitch count on the home team's pitcher to the official scorekeeper sitting next to me. The visiting team was on the field then and so all I could see on my phone was the visiting team's pitch count. I exited the scoring screen and went to pitching stats for home team and nothing was there! Luckily I wasn't the one being asked the question and the official scorekeeper using what ever program she had on her laptop was able to answer the question right away for the coach. So where do you find the in progress of the game batting, pitching and fielding stats to that point of the game in the android versions?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:27 am

@all- i was doing some forum clean up and ran across this....

@ support - Has this issue been replicated or resolved? , is it a hardware specific issue or on the list for future consideration in development cycle?

@markin and @ ixamnis @randy -
  • A) can yon confirm if this issue still exists on most current version of android iscore and the specific android hardware devices you can replicate the issue on.

B) if still exists, remind support of the specific steps you use to recreate the issue
@markin - my assumption is you are using a tablet and checking stats in game from main scoring screen, by tapping on the spreadsheet icon in the row of icons on bottom of screen (on phones, access by tools button/icon at bottom of phone screen), both should "auto update" in game.

@ Ixammis, When exiting the main scoring screen while in game is in progress (has not gone final), then tapping batting/pitching/fielding stats will require you to hit RECALC to update in game stats - this is by design (imagine a suspended game, the stats may not carry forward)

@Ixammis, While scoring in game on Android Phone, you access stats from the main scoring screen TOOLS button/icon (bottom right). Tools in Android Phones contains: Notes, Inning Recap, Stats, Scorecard, Send Tweet, Email Game Link & Game Settings .

@Ixammis, While scoring in game, on Phone or tablet, the "inning recap" will provide details on by half inning on prior pitching (home ad away). It updates at end of each half inning but breaks down each pitchers pitch counts in inning and running totals. the Stats sheet for pitching will only have totals.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
randy21m

Re: Stats error during games (pending @support follow up)

Post by randy21m » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:39 am

@all, yes, if you use the method the OP describes that DOES occur if you attempt to look at stats for your opponent. I've also "corrected" by doing what the OP describes, HOWEVER, I found a "better" way to get pitch counts for ALL pitchers directly in the scoring screen.

If you hit the "I" icon, that pulls up "Inning Recap", in which it will show each pitcher for each half inning, how many strikes and balls they threw that inning AND total, as well as their total pitch count for that inning AND overall. For example, I'm looking at one of my pitchers in the Inning Recap at the bottom of the 3rd. I can see from the Inning Recap that I also switched pitchers in that inning as I have two pitchers listed, so it looks something like this in the Inning Recap:

Bottom 3
#30 John Doe
8(25)b 2(25)s 10(50)t

#20 Jim John
6(6)b 8(8)s 14(14)t

Top 4
#10 Opponent Pitcher
5(18)b 4(12)s 9(30)t

The numbers NOT in parenthesis are the counts they threw THIS inning, and the numbers in parenthesis are their overall totals for the entire game.

I can confirm that the Inning Recap is up to date to the second, as this is what I use to double check my opponents pitchers with the score keeper in between each half inning - apart from using the quick access info under the Lineup.

As far as what ixamnis describes, must be due to a smaller device? On my Android tablet (Samsung Tab 4), I continue to see my pitcher and my opponents pitcher under the Lineup for each team. My experience revolving around this topic came into play when a coach or score keeper asked me for a pitcher that had already been removed, and was no longer listed in the "quick access" area under the Lineup. I attempted to go out of the scoring screen, go into Pitching Stats, and nothing was there! Which is why/how I found the Inning Recap info.
OhioTex

Re: Stats not updating during games without attempts (pending @support follow up)

Post by OhioTex » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:11 pm

@ randy... , Are you saying on Android device w current version of iScore, that on the main scoring screen, when you click on the spreadsheet icon (on tablet in the bottom row of iscore icons or under tools icon/menu on phones). It does not automatically calculate and update. that you have to try multiple times . that does not seem right - i think it should auto update on access to stat sheet.

that is not how it behaves on iOS and i do not think the is how it is designed to behave on Android. I think it is suppose to auto recalc upon viewing. please test and confirm back the android vs iOS behavior you are seeing

P.S. If exiting the main scoring screen while game in progress and not naturally (i.e. game over msg), then tapping batting/pitching/fielding stats will not be updated by design without hitting RECALC to update in game stats - this is by design for games shortened unofficial. (same is true with team stats, games must by final, for inclusion with stats, unless you force update with recalc)

@ Support is there a bug here or behaving as expected?
iScore Baseball/Softball
randy21m

Re: Stats error during games (pending @support follow up)

Post by randy21m » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:11 pm

randy21m wrote:I can confirm that the Inning Recap is up to date to the second
Just a minor update to this - it's updated at each half inning, not every second.
OhioTex wrote:@ randy... , Are you saying on Android device w current version of iScore, that on the main scoring screen, when you click on the spreadsheet icon (on tablet in the bottom row of iscore icons or under tools icon/menu on phones). It does not automatically calculate and update. that you have to try multiple times . that does not seem right - i think it should auto update on access to stat sheet.
I scored 5 test games tonight on my Android tablet, and the outcome varied.
Scoring Screen Stats
4 out of 5 times, the "auto-caculating" did NOT come up when I went into stats. Switching over to another tab within stats, or exiting out of stats and going back into stats seemed to work for each to get the stats to update for all available tabs.
1 out of 5 times, the "auto-calculating" popped up, and correctly rendered the stats the first time

Game Info Screen Stats
If I exit the scoring screen, and attempt to access stats per team (Pitching, Batting, Fielding), it's as you described 5 out of 5 times, must manually press "Recalc" in order for current in-game stats to populate - which is what is expected.
OhioTex

Re: On Android tablet, in Game Stats Sheet not auto updating without multiple attempts (pending @support follow up)

Post by OhioTex » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:20 am

@randy21m- thanks for the additional investigation ...this should help other android users and iscore support. Varied outcomes does not sound like an expected design, and 4 out of 5 findings, would seem to confirm why @markin posted this originally

@ Support - Have you been able to simulate issue on your end for android tablet (and phone)? On the surface, it would seem software related, not hardware specific, given different users reporting similar results. Can you confirm if this has been replicated and if iscore software related or not and if on the list for future Android update consideration. (not asking iScore to commit to a fix or timing, just confirmation if replicated and if found to be a) operating as expected, b) iscore software issue or c) android hardware/OS related issue)

randy21m wrote: I scored 5 test games tonight on my Android tablet, and the outcome varied.
Scoring Screen Stats
4 out of 5 times, the "auto-caculating" did NOT come up when I went into stats. Switching over to another tab within stats, or exiting out of stats and going back into stats seemed to work for each to get the stats to update for all available tabs.
1 out of 5 times, the "auto-calculating" popped up, and correctly rendered the stats the first time
iScore Baseball/Softball
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: On Android tablet, in Game Stats Sheet not auto updating without multiple attempts (pending @support follow up)

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:25 pm

We have not been able to reproduce this, but we will look into the stat calculation code to see if we can find anything that can cause this issue.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs