gamecast URL and pre-publication

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
dador

gamecast URL and pre-publication

Post by dador » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:29 am

I noticed on the iScore marketing pages that they have some sample games that you can watch. The URL off the website is something like ...
http://data.iscorecentral.com/iscorecas ... f&replay=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can figure how to get the game IDs for the games I have scored, but when I substitute one into this URL, the Flash client simply sits there with the message that it is updating. What is the correct way to specify this URL?

My reason for wanting to do this is that I'd like to be able to link gamecasts off our team's website in the articles where we present the box score and recap. In fact, I'd like to publish a specific link to a gamecast on the site _prior_ to the game's start. Tying into a menu of games with the scorekeeper's user ID is bad for two reasons: (1) really shouldn't be giving out user IDs, and (2) the menu of games can get crowded quickly once a season gets underway.
OhioTex

Re: gamecast URL and pre-publication

Post by OhioTex » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:05 am

At this time you can not create game specific Url links.
Just custom urls that link to your menu of games which has the issues you mentioned.
The idea to create game specific urls has been a suggested enhancement and on FTM list for consideration/prioritization.

It may change when they release their add on product, "Team Websites", reportedly coming out very soon.
OhioTex

Re: gamecast URL and pre-publication

Post by OhioTex » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:48 am

Update: the new "Team Website" product is out (see elsewhere on this board) and if you are a subscriber to that than you can send game specific url links for scorecast...
Direct links to individual games in iScorecast are available to Team Website subscribers.