Lineups wrong on main screen after 'Switch Teams'

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
jrobins

Lineups wrong on main screen after 'Switch Teams'

Post by jrobins » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:40 am

Android v4.4.2
iScore v4.46

Happens after I've created a game and entered teams and lineups.
If after the cointoss, I have to 'switch teams' [Home/visitor] Team A and Team B switch normal as they should.
However, if I do this after I hit play and have started the game, the lineups on the main screen list Team A lineups under Team B, and Team B lineup under Team A.
This is a reproducable error/issue. Also I believe the stats go to the correct player(s) because when I pull up the scorecard during the game everything looks correct. I believe this is just a cosmetic issue on the main screen.

please verify/fix. Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Lineups wrong on main screen after 'Switch Teams'

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:46 am

You should not be able to use Swap Teams after starting the game --- the option should be disabled. You can use Undo to back up to pre-game starting and use Swap Teams, but you should not be able to do it after the game has started. Maybe there is something about your specific device that is allowing you to select Swap Teams when you should not be able to. If you can let us know the exact type of device you are using, we can try and reproduce that behavior on a device here.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jrobins

Post by jrobins » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Device is a Nexus 7 running Android 5.x. iScore ver is 4.47.401

The problem: When creating a game in Game Manager and creating roster for home team...Lets say 'ABC Team' (player A, player B, player C etc) and Visitor team - '123 Team' (player 1, player 2, etc) ...everything is fine. However. if I subsequently choose 'Swap Teams' from the options everything appears to be fine. But on closer examination there are 2 problems.

Problem #1. In the Game manager screen. It now lists the game as:

(date) 123 Team @ ABC Team
+------------------------------------------+
| ABC Team | |
| 123 Team | |

The correct visiting team is on top and the correct home team is on bottom but the game label has it backwards.

Problem #2.
Once I have 'swapped teams' from the options (as noted above), when I go to the main screen (the game scoring screen) the team names are listed at the very top of the screen. When I click on ABC Team however, the screen shows me the lineup for 123 Team (y'know player 1, player 2 etc). AND when I click on 123 Team (along the top of the main scoring screen) I get Player A, Player B, etc.....(the players of ABC Team). They are BACKWARDS! I have tested this several times and it happens without fail. Please investigate this and correct.

Thanks, Joe
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:28 pm

With the Game Name... that is just a label for the game. It is simply a text field. When you create the game, iScore will put in a default string based on your selected teams and the date of the game, but you can change this to anything you want (i.e. Playoff Game Team 1 vs Team 2, etc...). Using swap teams is not going to change the label because it is not linked in any way to the home or visitor team at that point... it is just text.

With the second issue, we see what you are referring to. On 7 inch Android tablets, tapping the team names shows the roster for the tapped team, and in the case of swapping teams, it is not updating which team is home and which is visitor for that tapping functionality even though the labels are correct.

We will add this issue to our list of things to fix for future updates. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

fyi... in the meantime, if you exit the scoring screen and then go back in after swapping teams, tapping the labels will work fine.
tonync

Post by tonync » Sat May 09, 2015 10:27 am

I am having the same problem with the teams not showing correctly after a swap team moments before game. They are still incorrect even after a refresh of the browser. I'm scoring on a 10.1 Samsung Galaxy S. The players are correct but the team names are wrong, very annoying. The team name is still showing wrong after the game is over and I upload. After I go into my account it will show correctly but the scoreboard will show wrong on the team website even after a refresh. After I click on iscorecast it may or may not show correctly on the scoreboard, haven't isolated exactly what causes it to change but it will eventually change.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat May 09, 2015 9:25 pm

Go to Game Manager, select the game, and select iScorecast Synchronize.
tonync

Post by tonync » Sun May 10, 2015 7:13 am

After creating a game the first thing I always do is open game and Iscore sync before game starts so game will show on website. I always set us as home team when I create game since I don't know home team till coin toss which is typical in travel games. I thought the swap team command was the command to use in this situation. It swaps everything except the team name on the Iscorecast. The player names show swapped as far as home-visitor is concerned and score - stats are correct. It just needs to swap team names on the Iscorecast site. The last game I scored yesterday I tried to back out of game after swap teams and Iscore Sync but that doesn't work. Any other suggestions?
brian.biggs

Post by brian.biggs » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:20 pm

FTMSupport wrote:With the second issue, we see what you are referring to. On 7 inch Android tablets, tapping the team names shows the roster for the tapped team, and in the case of swapping teams, it is not updating which team is home and which is visitor for that tapping functionality even though the labels are correct.

We will add this issue to our list of things to fix for future updates. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

fyi... in the meantime, if you exit the scoring screen and then go back in after swapping teams, tapping the labels will work fine.
That workaround does work, but it has been a year since this issue was reported. Is it on any sort of list to be fixed soon? I am using iScore on a Kindle Fire 7 tablet running Cyanogen 12.1, and ran into that exact problem just today. Not a big deal, but an inconvenience as we don't know home vs. away until many of our games start. With everything else we're trying to do to get ready for a game, it's annoying to have to back out of the game and go back in to get the team lineups to display correctly.
Amazon Kindle Fire 7" 2015 tablet
Running CyanogenMod 12.1
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:52 pm

Yes, it is still on our list of things to fix. Thank you for raising it to our attention again.
KurtK

Post by KurtK » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:29 pm

I've been a loyal customer for more than two years and have been responsible for at least 4 other license purchases. I've generally been happy. It is really starting to feel like the Android version is a step child though. Some of the issues discussed on this site have been open for more than a year. In this day and age that is pretty ridiculous. FWIW - I've been dealing with this issue for over a year, and yes, the work around does work, but it'd be really nice if you'd fix this one...
Thanks