MIME format Emails

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
fish77

MIME format Emails

Post by fish77 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:09 pm

Just this past weekend, all the stat emails are going out as a multi-part MIME format and will the html version will not display. It seems to work on Yahoo mail, but only when accessed online. I am unable to view any of the stats through the mobile app or any other email service or program. I would appreciate any suggestions on what might be causing this. The email contains the xls format of the stats, but I really need to have the html version as well.

thank you.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: MIME format Emails

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:13 pm

The emails have not changed. If you can do an Options -> Export and email your customer ID to support@iscoresports.com and let us know specifically what you are emailing, we will try with your data from a device here to see what we can find. If the mail works in Yahoo, we are not sure why it would not work in another email client... the email itself is not different from client to client.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
SiliconTiger

Post by SiliconTiger » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:16 pm

I have a similar issue. When I email the stats from iScore (for example, game stats in HTML format including all the attachments possible to select), I receive the attachments correctly but in Outlook 2010 in the body of the email I only see "This is a multi-part message in MIME format." and nothing else in the body. When I view the same email on my iPhone, the body of the email is displayed properly (box score, stats, etc).

In year's past I have had no issues reading the emails from iScore using Outlook 2010, so it suggests that something has changed in the MIME email format that iScore is using?

I am using the latest version of iScore.

Thanks for any help with this!
SiliconTiger

Post by SiliconTiger » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:29 pm

...and another data point on my problem. I have some emails from iScore that I saved from last year and they continue to display perfectly in Outlook 2010 (i.e. the body of the emails has all the boxscore, stats, etc). So I don't think it's a problem with my email or Outlook 2010. It seems the MIME format that is now being used by iScore has changed in the last year or so since I used iScore (and iScore gets auto updates on my iPad so it's always using the latest version).
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:41 pm

We will look into this issue. Our emails have not changed, but we do use Amazon SES (and have for over a year now) for the delivery of messages, and it is possible they have changed something.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Are you talking about loosing format wen you FORWARD an email received from the app or when the app sends to you directly?

i have seen some email clients that blow up format when forwarded. fine when send from the app .. but loose it on forwarding on.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
SiliconTiger

Post by SiliconTiger » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:46 pm

OhioTex wrote:Are you talking about loosing format wen you FORWARD an email received from the app or when the app sends to you directly?
The format is lost when the app sends to me directly.
fish77

Post by fish77 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:43 am

I do not lose the format during a forward, but it seems to only send the attachments, and is not including the html format any longer. I have tried just sending the html format email as well, and do not get any data on that email.
fish77

Post by fish77 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:07 pm

FTMSupport wrote:The emails have not changed. If you can do an Options -> Export and email your customer ID to support@iscoresports.com and let us know specifically what you are emailing, we will try with your data from a device here to see what we can find. If the mail works in Yahoo, we are not sure why it would not work in another email client... the email itself is not different from client to client.
This email issue is getting a little more difficult to understand. I am now able to view the html format from my computer only. It will not display on my phone email app, and when I try to forward the message from my phone, it does not include the stats at all. However, I am able to forward the email from my computer and have it display. I am confused as to why there is a difference. It is not just my phone app though. It seems all phones are having the same trouble viewing the email. This "multi-part MIME" format just started appearing a couple of weeks ago. Please help me solve this problem as I would like to be able to send the stats directly as opposed to having to intercept them and forward from another email application.

Thank you.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:38 pm

We are having some of the same struggles. We have not changed the email code at all, so we do not know why you would be getting different results. We will continue trying to reproduce the issue and see if we can find anything that will give consistent results.