MIME format Emails

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
SiliconTiger

Re: MIME format Emails

Post by SiliconTiger » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Some more information, perhaps more confusing since I think it contradicts what fish77 reports. I am unable to see the HTML (multi-part MIME) information on any of my computers running Outlook 2010 in the original email sent by iScore from my iPad. As I previously reported, that same email when viewed on either my iPhone or iPad (both running iIO 7) appears just fine and I can properly see the HTML information.

Now, from my iPhone, if I take the same email and simply forward it on to myself, I can now properly see the HTML information on my computers from the email that was forwarded from the iPhone.

For what it's worth, this is a (albeit hack) workaround and perhaps will help understand why the original iScore email can't be viewed properly by Outlook 2010.
Tex

Post by Tex » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:38 am

I'm hitting this issue as well, emailed stats used to display directly, I now have to open an attachment to see the HTML. I've also dealt with this issue on my own server sending out an HTML newsletter.

I believe the problem is that you are sending with Content-Type multipart/mixed (which means attachment) when you should be using multipart/alternative (HTML and text version of content).

I also see another issue, you aren't providing the text version of the stats, but your Content-Type is indicating more than one format. This is why you get two attachments, the HTML and an empty text file.

You want something like:
Content-type: multipart/alternative; boundary="====1395274795===="

--====1395274795====
Content-Type:text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
<HTML code here>
--====1395274795====
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<Plain text here>
--====1395274795====

Hope this helps, love being able to email stats to the coaches, who are not very computer savvy!
Tex

Post by Tex » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:43 am

As a follow up to my previous post, the following thread may help:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3902 ... part-mixed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 am

For those that have seen the issue with "This is a multi-part message in MIME format" appearing at the top of their email (we believe it may be limited to Outlook users, but possibly some other email clients as well), we think we have found a fix for it. If you can please try emailing again and see if you still see that message or if it is now fixed, we would appreciate it. We have not been able to reproduce it ourselves, so we don't have a good way to confirm, but we think we found what was causing the problem for some email clients and have made a change that we think will fix it.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
caged1

Post by caged1 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:18 pm

I was having the same issue as explained above and it is now working fine. Same game before on left, after on right:
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Thank you for the confirmation.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Tex

Post by Tex » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:09 am

The HTML portion of the email is displaying correctly for me now.

I still have an empty TXT attachment. It would be nice if this contained a plain text version of the stats for readers without HTML rendering (some phones) although that occurs less and less frequently these days.

Thanks for a great app.