Runner scored on an error

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
jvan

Runner scored on an error

Post by jvan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:42 am

When a batter reaches base on an error and a runner also scores on the error, the batter should not get an RBI. In order to prevent him from getting the RBI, it appears that I have to enter the error allowing the batter to reach base and then enter the error again to allow the runner to score. However, this charges the fielder with two errors instead of one. I can't figure out how to prevent the batter from getting an RBI without entering two errors against the fielder. Any ideas?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Runner scored on an error

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Can you give the specific situation so we can test to see what is going on? Runners on what bases? How many outs? What happened in the field?

We have many special situations we have to handle for RBIs, Earned Runs, etc, so if you could give us the specific scenario, we will be able to reproduce it and either come up with a way for you to enter the play, or fix the issue if there is a bug.

Thank you.
jvan

Re: Runner scored on an error

Post by jvan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:46 am

I don't recall the exact situation as I was just testing to see if it handled certain situations correctly. I believe my scenario was that there was a runner on third and the batter hit a ground ball to second. The runner would have held at second but he scored when the second baseman made an error on the ground ball. If I input that the runner scored on the play, the batter received an RBI. If i input that the runner scored on an error, I had to give two errors to the second baseman. One to allow the batter to reach base and another to allow the runner from third to score. Since the runner would not have scored without the error, the batter should not get an RBI.