Late Batter

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
cj47

Late Batter

Post by cj47 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:21 am

On two or three occasions in the last year or so of scoring, I've been completely thrown when a player arrives unexpectedly, and the coach decides to add him in as an extra batter. (This is little league / friendly games, where anything goes). This wasn't a player I expected too see, so I hadn't added him to the lineup in advance, marked him batting=no and skipped him in previous innings. When this happens, I have no idea what to do, as ever subsequent play is wrongly-assigned.

I realise this is a difficult situation for iScore to handle, but I wondered whether it might be possible to code a special routine for this. iScore would add the batter to the original line-up and automatically go through the pitch-by-pitch, inserting "skip batter, not an out" each time the batter would have been due to appear.

Is there any possibility of doing this ?

Thanks
Chris
team mom

Re: Late Batter

Post by team mom » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:52 am

You can add batters to the lineup after the start of the game up until the point where the last batter completes their at-bat. Once you start back at the lead off batter, the lineup is set and new batters can only be subbed, not added. If you think a player might show up late, your best alternative would be to include them in the lineup (set batting to yes) and skip him each at bat until he arrives. Not ideal, but would work if your league allows adding a batter. Most leagues who allow adding a batter will require the batter to be at the end of the lineup.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
cj47

Post by cj47 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:23 am

@team mom -
Thanks. Yes - if I have any idea that a batter may turn up, I add them and skip them from the start.
My problem is when someone turns up out of the blue, say in the middle of the third inning. I suppose I could add a couple of dummy batters to every lineup, and skip them each inning, just in case someone later shows up unexpectedly. It would just be so much easier if there was a process one could run to do this in retrospect.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:44 am

I believe you can add a batter to the end of the lineup at any time, even if you have gone thru the order already. Misc->Show Starting Lineup.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:47 am

Yes, adding to the end of the lineup can be done at any time with Misc -> Show Starting Lineup.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
cj47

Post by cj47 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:06 am

Perhaps I'm missing something. Say I have eight batters, who have batted around a couple of times in four innings. If Johnny Comelately then turns up out of the blue, and I add him to the lineup, won't iScore think he has already batted twice ? So the lead-off batter's second turn at bat now looks like it was Johnny batting ?

thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:15 am

If you add the batter to the end of the lineup (which is the rule in 99% of leagues ---- late comers have to be added to the END of the lineup), then everything will be fine. At bats are stored by batting lineup position... so even if you have batted through the lineup twice, and then a 9th batter shows up, there will be no at bats for the previous innings in the 9th spot, so the newly added batter just won't show anything for the first two times through the lineup, and he will come to the plate the next time through.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
team mom

Post by team mom » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:06 pm

I keep forgetting you can do that!
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
cj47

Post by cj47 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:10 pm

Ah! Brilliant - hadn't realised that. I'll know what to do next time round.

Many thanks