Safe on Dropped 3rd Strike

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
suttio

Safe on Dropped 3rd Strike

Post by suttio » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:18 am

Still a huge fan of the app and am looking forward to the update. I'm not sure if this is a bug/issue or just the way the program is designed. Last night we had a situation of a dropped 3rd strike due to a wild pitch. I noticed later that the batter was not charged with a K. I entered safe on dropped 3rd strike Wild Pitch. The batter should be charged with a K and the pitcher credit for a K and also charged with an E correct? Awesome program!!!

I noticed the HBP was charging 4 balls per HBP thanks to the forums so we are able to manually correct them in our email stats but didn't notice anything about the dropped 3rd K. Also Games played is still showing incorrectly for some teams but not others.

Thanks Again for everything!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Safe on Dropped 3rd Strike

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:28 am

This too has been fixed in the release awaiting approval (1.50.14). Both the pitcher and the batter are credited with a strikeout for dropped 3rd strike scenarios.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
suttio

Post by suttio » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:43 am

You guys rock! I can't wait for Apple's approval on this update. I would really like it for tonight's game but I'm not counting on it. I guess they're too busy approving Baby shaking apps instead of quality apps like this. Maybe if we change the name to "beat my dog" it will get approved faster. ;)
Last edited by suttio on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:40 am

suttio wrote:Maybe if we change the name to "beat my dog" it will get aprproved faster
:lol:
TurboAg

Post by TurboAg » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:54 pm

This scenario seems to still be a problem, at least partially. The 'Safe-dropped third strike' works as it should. However, the 'Safe-3rd pitch wild pitch' still does not show up properly in the batter history. It shows on the batter's stats and, I believe, on the pitcher's stats, jut not on the batter history in the "play" screen. It somehow gets treated as a non-at-bat.
TurboAg

Post by TurboAg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:03 pm

Update: contacted FTM Support via email. They will fix this problem, but confirmed that both pitcher and batter stats are not affected.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:21 am

thanks for the in depth find. I am sure with your help FTM will fix in future version.. nice catch