Team Names Getting Replaced by Weather and Field Conditions

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Vic

Team Names Getting Replaced by Weather and Field Conditions

Post by Vic » Thu May 09, 2013 1:30 pm

I've had a strange problem over the last 3 to 4 weeks. First, I'm using the Android version on a Kindle Fire (original Kindle Fire). I am currently running v4.11.507. The problem first started about 4 weeks ago on older versions of v4 but has continued through the updates.

I setup each tournament that our team plays in as a League. We usually play two games on Saturday and afterwards I will go in and do the post game editing (fixing anything I screwed up, winning and losing pitchers, and the rest of the meta-data (location, weather and field conditions). I also go in and add the game to a League for that season (i.e. 2013 - Spring). For some reason whenever I make these changes to the first game that we played something strange happens. When you leave the game editing to go back and look at the game in the list of games the team names disappear. They get replaced by either blanks or by the information that is in the Weather and Field Condition fields. I can go back and put the team names back in properly but sometimes it removes them again when I exit the screen.

This only happens with the first game played in that League. It doesn't occur on any of the other games that we will play that weekend.

I thought my issue might be database corruption so before I setup for last weekend's tournament I went ahead and ran database maintenance on the Admin site and imported. Unfortunately, the problem happened again this past weekend.

Any ideas regarding what could be causing this?

- Vic
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Team Names Getting Replaced by Weather and Field Conditions

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 09, 2013 1:48 pm

If you do an Options -> Export and email us your customer ID to support@iscoresports.com and tell us a specific game where this is an issue, we will take a look at your data to see what we find.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Vic

Post by Vic » Thu May 09, 2013 2:14 pm

Ok. I just tried to create a test league and games but I can't recreate the issue at the moment. Maybe that is a good sign.

We don't play this weekend so I will have to wait until next weekend to see if the problem really is gone. I will score next weekend like I normally do. If the issue happens again I will export and send you a message.

Thanks!
- Vic
brkingston

Post by brkingston » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:18 pm

I have recently experienced a similar thing. I setup the game and selected the teams the day before. At the game, I entered field conditions and weather. I did the quick roster for the opponent, then set the lineups hit Play.

After game ended, I came back to main game screen and the opponent team name had "Fair" in it one time, and the other time it had "Partly Cloudy". (it was actually kinda funny... our team vs. Partly Cloudy). I reset the names of the teams so stats were generated properly.

This has happened the last 2 times I've scored.

Specs:
iPhone 4
iOS 6.1.3
iScore 4.20

Thanks.
Brad
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:14 pm

As noted with the precious user this happened to, if you can export and email us we can take a look at your data to see what we can find.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs