Hit By Pitch messing up my pitch counts

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
tug

Hit By Pitch messing up my pitch counts

Post by tug » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:02 am

Loving the program, but after having a couple of games where my pitch counts were off, I was wondering if it was user error or if I couldn't trust the pitch counts iscore was giving me (coaching little league, we have strict pitch count rules).

Long story short- marking HBP will automatically bump the number of balls up to four, even it the player is hit on the first pitch - thus adding three pitches to the count. As they say: "Knowing if half the battle", but now I'm forced to mark HBPs as hits, to avoid the mis-count.

Is this an issue others are having? - or am I doing something wrong?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Hit By Pitch messing up my pitch counts

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:07 am

Hi Tug -

This is actually addressed in the release posted to the App Store last week (should be approved any day now).

We were treating a Hit By Pitch internally as the same as a walk for many of our internal calculations (earned runs, etc), and this is what was messing up the pitch counts. In many ways, it is the same as a walk, but obviously when it comes to pitch counts it is not.

Let us know if you run into any other issues.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
tug

Re: Hit By Pitch messing up my pitch counts

Post by tug » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:14 am

Awesome -

yet another reason to anticipate the approval of the next version (I can hardly wait)!

Thanks!!