Changing a Quick Roster

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
JimD

Changing a Quick Roster

Post by JimD » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:35 am

I created a new team with a roster created by Quick Roster feature using 12 player with 9 batters. I assigned jersey numbers and positions to the 12 players. I used that roster to score a game.

In the second game against that same team, a new players arrived increasing the roster total to 13 players. I attempted to create a new Quick Roster, this time selecting 13 players with 9 batters. I now have a team with 25 players. The first twelve players (Player 1 through Player 12) now have Jersey number -1 and do not show as batting. Uploaded to iScoreCentral, the player data also shows "Batting" as "Invalid".

Players 13 through 25 have Jersey number 0, have the same player names (Player 1 through Player 13) and show 9 batters.

Question 1: What effect will this roster jumble have on my scored, complete game?

Question 2: How can I fix the problem of having 25 players most with duplicate names?

Question 3: Can I simply delete unwanted players? If so, which ones (-1 or 0)

Question 4: How should I have added the new player? (note: I do not want to maintain individual players from opposing teams in the Player Manager.)

HELP!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Changing a Quick Roster

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:33 pm

1) A change to the roster after a game is complete will not affect the completed game
2) To fix the roster, remove Players 13 through 25 (the ones with jersey 0) Leave the ones with -1 in the list
3) Fix the ones with -1 for Jersey numbers. Reassign jersey numbers and set their fielding positions to either Out or an actual fielding position and set Batting to either Yes or No
4) To add a new player to the Roster you can just touch Add Player at the top of the roster. This will allow you to add players one by one.
5) The expected behavior of running Quick Roster on an existing team would be to append the number of specified players to the end of the existing list. However, there is a bug in the currently available version of iScore where if you run quick roster on an existing team it resets the existing teams info to -1. This issue has been fixed in v2.10 which is currently awaiting Apple's approval.
Stadtusquo

Post by Stadtusquo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:17 pm

I recently scored a game and had to use "Quick Roster", to get game entered on time. I later, after scoring the game, wanted to know how I could "replace" a "Player" with a "Player I currently had on my list of Players. How can I do this, so Player stats can be correct? I want to be able to do this after game has completed. I realized that there were 3 or 4 Players I already had on my device, but I used "Quick Roster", when I started.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:31 pm

The way to replace the "Quick Player" with a real player is to go to the Pitch By Pitch listing (Game Manager, select your game, Pitch By Pitch), then click on the "Game Starts" row, and click the Edit button. From there, put the "Real Player" in the correct place in the starting lineup. If there were substitutions throughout the game that involved the Quick Player, you would go through the Pitch by Pitch and click on the Substitution line where the "Quick Player" was involved, and change the substitution to the "Real Player".