Having trouble importing USSSA rosters

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
LittleLeagueMom

Having trouble importing USSSA rosters

Post by LittleLeagueMom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:17 am

I was unable to import any of the team roster this weekend. I figured it wasn't working because USSSA made changes to their website recently however our opponent told me in the championship game that is was still working for him (although I didn't clarify that he was doing it on the fly at them game, and not on the iscore website from home). Any ideas why it has suddenly stopped working for me?

To be clear -- after I add the team ID, it searches for a minute and returns "no new games" and "no new teams". Prior to this weekend, I have done it successfully multiple times.
Last edited by LittleLeagueMom on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Having trouble importing USSSA rosters

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:21 am

It sounds like maybe you are using the old "Data Sharing" approach from the Options screen to import the rosters? That approach has been replaced in iScore v4.0 with a newer method that is easier. Make sure you are running at least v4.0 of iScore (updates are available for free in the app store you originally purchased in), then go to Team Manager, and select the Discover Team option from there. You will be able to select USSSA and either search for your team, or enter a Team ID from there, and it will import fine. This is the only method we are going to be maintaining going forward as the Data Share approach was very kludgy.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
LittleLeagueMom

Post by LittleLeagueMom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:24 am

Yep...you are correct, thank you! I was wondering what that "discover team" thing was all about. I guess I need to read up on all of the enhancements since last summer :o)
LittleLeagueMom

Post by LittleLeagueMom » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:41 am

Wow...I just tried the "Discover Team" function for the first time and what an improvement. Was beyond simple! Thank you :)