Run not scored showing in box score

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
LeftyHitter

Run not scored showing in box score

Post by LeftyHitter » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:58 am

Had a situation I'm not sure of the correct way to score and it caused a second issue I don't know how to fix. First inning had bases loaded and 2 outs. Batter hit into a fielders choice 6-4 with the runner from first forced out. What I scored is In Play, Fielders Choice. It then asked what happened to the runner on 3rd, I believe the first time through I put Held Up at 3rd, then it asked what happened to runner on second, I put Advanced to 3rd by Batter, then it asked about runner on 1st and I was able to put Force Out at 2nd and it ended the inning. The problem was it scored the run. As I noticed this, I edited the play and for the runner on 3rd as Run did not score, this fixed the scorecard, the stats, etc. but the running score on the top of the app (I use the iPad version) still had the run as did the total. I went and checked the scorecast and it showed it too. In the third inning I tried to edit a second time and something totally weird happened. The run disappeared from the first inning like I was hoping, but it then added a run to the third inning. As it happens we were away at a tourney across the country and there were many parents that couldn't make the trip watching the game. Of course it went to extra innings (2 in fact) and the parents couldn't understand what was going on. The app tried to end the game in regulation because it thought we had won and the only way I could figure out how to keep it going was to change the number of innings in a game on the Options menu. The game still shows the incorrect number of runs and there is still no way to fix it that I can tell. As I said, the scorecard, the stats, etc. are all correct though. Loving the app, this is really the only issue I have had after scoring 50 games or so. Think there was one other time this type thing happened. The other was when I mistakenly showed a run scored when it defaulted home as the base advanced to for a runner on 3rd and I just hit the Held Up button without looking and edited it later in the next inning when I noticed it and it never corrected itself (had to reenter the entire game for that one but, I wasn't broadcasting to scorecast so it wasn't really an issue).
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Run not scored showing in box score

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:35 am

When you have bases loaded and enter anything that would cause the runner to be safe at first (FC for example), it will force the runner on third home. You have to select Run Not Scored to prevent the run from scoring. When you hit Held Up, it would actually be entering Held Up at home.

If you then edited the play to Run Not Scored, it is possible the display did not update immediately (screen refresh issue), but if you continued scoring, the next screen refresh should update it.

If you want to do an Options -> Export and email your customer ID (found on Options screen) to support@iscoresports.com along with which game/inning/player is showing something wrong, we can take a look at your data.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
LeftyHitter

Post by LeftyHitter » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:47 am

I sent an email with my id.

This game still shows with the wrong score, so the refresh never fixed the issue. What did happen is that the score disappeared from the 1st inning (as wanted) but it added an extra run to the third inning (we scored 1 and it shows 2). Looking at the Pitch By Pitch, the score shows correctly (0-0) on the last play of the top half of the 3rd inning (a strike 3), and then the first pitch of the bottom half of the inning (a ball 1) the score shows 1-0. Nothing I've tried will fix it at this point.

Thanks for your help!
Mvdutch

Post by Mvdutch » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:21 pm

I have the same issue. Had to remove a Run by editing and use run not scored in the top of the 6th and it was added back in the bottom of the 6th.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:51 pm

If you export, email us, and include the details in the email we can take a look.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs