Crashing on 2.01.03 on minor lineup change.

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
djandyo

Crashing on 2.01.03 on minor lineup change.

Post by djandyo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:23 pm

Incredible app, thanks so much!

i was in the top of the 2nd inning and the visiting team was up to bat. They had a lefty come to the plate. I went into the Misc and starting lineup icon. It crashed on me when I tried to change him to lefty. When I reopened Iscore, the batting order for the home team was messed up (which I didnt really catch right away). I had it crash on me again when I tried to switch another batter to a lefty too. But this time it crashed as soon as I hit "visitor" to get their lineup. This time the batting order did not switch around. Any idea on the crashing?
plivengood

Re: Crashing on 2.01.03 on minor lineup change.

Post by plivengood » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:08 pm

Something similar happened to me, too. I think this may be the problem that was addressed by the emergency 2.01 fix/upgrade that can be downloaded from the app store.
Bodycrab

Post by Bodycrab » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:24 pm

I have a simular issue when i want to change the batter in the scoring screen it crashes.
rayray

Post by rayray » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:16 pm

I have the same problem with 2.01.03. It has happened in two games and it makes the stats unusable. A fix is needed or the program is not functional.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:18 pm

We are looking into this issue. Can you all confirm you are using 2.01.03, and not 2.00? (Version number appears on the title screen when you start the application.)

Also, does anyone have steps that can consistently reproduce this issue? We have scored dozens of games with all kinds of variations on lineup changes with no issues, but maybe there is a specific scenario we have not tried. If anyone can consistently reproduce the issue, we would love to know the steps.

The only other thing we can think of right now is memory issues. Please see this link:

http://iscore.fasterthanmonkeys.com/faq.jsp#memory

This describes how to make sure you have your full device memory available.

Thank you.
plivengood

Post by plivengood » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 pm

In my case, I didn't pay close attention to the subject line of the post; while at least djandyou would seem t be using 2.01.03, I was using 2.00 for sure (didn't upgrade or see the upgrade to 2.01.03 until today).

I wasn't trying to change the batters from LH to RH, but I was trying to get into the line-up to make changes after the game had started, and I experienced crashes and reverting to the line-up as it had appeared in game (and team?) manager when I first set up the game. I also didn't catch it right away, and it messed me up pretty good. Like somebody else said, I am a noob and just assumed I was doing something wrong until I saw some of the posts in the forum today.

I should also say, the iTouch I use has a bunch of stuff for my wife's work on it, and could have memory (not battery - I have an iPWR external attery from FTM now, thanks) issues contributing to crashes. If that is the case, I may migrate to an iTouch more "dedicated" to this app than that one.

Thanks for everything, FTM.
Bodycrab

Post by Bodycrab » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:57 pm

Player at bat i press the batter icon to chage batter the list of players comes up i press a name and crashes to apple home
plivengood

Post by plivengood » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:08 pm

I was also attempting to get to the scorecard and/or stats periodically, too, as people are curious about the app and what it can do. I do remember, particularly, crashes and apparent reverts after trying to view the scorecard.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:27 pm

If the app is in a state where it is consistently crashing it would help if you could go immediately to the Options screen and press Export. We could then try to replicate the issue with the exported data. After exporting, try the power down steps mentioned above and return to the place where you can consistently make it crash to see if it still crashes.
Bodycrab

Post by Bodycrab » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:02 am

I've export file. I tried turning off and on
still crashes when o try to switch batters