Crashing on 2.01.03 on minor lineup change.

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
rayray

Re: Crashing on 2.01.03 on minor lineup change.

Post by rayray » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:40 am

I am definitely using 2.01.03. I was hoping that the update would have fixed the problem. I push the batter icon, the substitution screen comes up, and it is when I choose the new player that it crashes. I think it also happens if I do not have substitues in the lineup and I try to add a new player who will be the sub. I use an IPod Touch (2nd gen.), and I wonder if this is common among the people having problems. If it is a memory problem, I don't consider that a problem with my device. All the other apps run fine. Is it possible to redownload 1.65? I can't use the 2.0 version.
barkmo

Post by barkmo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:44 am

Getting the same problem. Touch batter icon, then touch batters name in lineup and it crashes. I have reset memory only a few days ago but will try again.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:48 am

Bodycrab - Please email us at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false and tell us your customer ID (found nder the Export button) and the game where you are seeing the crash.
djandyo

Post by djandyo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:30 am

I am using Iphone 3G. I have updated to 2.01.03. My problem came basically when I was simply trying to change a batter from Right handed to Left handed. It happened to me a couple of different times. When i woudl start back up, it would seem to work. FTM, I just exported. My customer ID is D27C1ED170. As I said, after the crash, then my lineup was all out of order again as well.

Funny the way I caught it however. I was broadcasting a game to a mom who was on vacation. She was watching it on gamecast. Her son was HBP in the first inning. Then after the crash, another kids was HBP. She thought her son was hit AGAIN because the lineup was out of order. I didnt catch it right away. She sent me a text and asked me if he was OK. I realized that her son was out of order. Anyway just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate Gamecast! GREAT FEATURE!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Update: We have found a way to cause a crash when all players are batting (no substitutes) and you click on the batter to make a substitution then click on a player in the list of potential fielders. It's an unusual thing to do since with all players batting you wouldnt be abe to make an offensive switch so you wouldnt typically click on the batter, but we will fix the code to make sure this crash does not occur. It sounds like others may have seen a crash when using substitutes (there are some players in the lineup marked as Batting=NO) If any of those people can give us a sequence of steps to repeat the crash we would greatly appreciate it.
djandyo

Post by djandyo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Both of my lineups for the game had at least 12 or more players and only 9 marked as batting. The rest shouldve been available to sub. When #24 came up to bat, first inning, I hit the misc button, went to Starting lineups. The team that came up was not the team I needed, so I hit the visitor button and it crashed. At that time, I gave up and needed to get back to the game. Another lefty came up to bat, I thought maybe I clicked through to fast or something. Again, I followed all teh same steps, but when I clicked on the players name to get into his information to switch batting to left, it crashed on me as I clicked his name. I actually did the same steps again, when #24 came back up to bat, and it worked fine. It seemed pretty random, but all while I was doing some sort of lineup change.

The lineup messup only came with the first crash, not the others.
Wgonz

Post by Wgonz » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi,
i got the same issue the other night. To solve it Ijust mark the players with the status of batting. After that all went great. Just go to roster and mark your players as batting.

Wgv
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:30 am

There are at least three different issues mentioned in this thread...
1- Changing the side of plate (original post by djandyo)
2- Crashing to apple main screen after clicking on batter icon and trying to make an adjustment/ change
3- Scorecard reorders and messes up cumulative stats (part of 2.0.1 fix)

I know FTM is working hard on fixes, but while they are at it I thought I would provide some observations to help clarify and help users identify and avoid the problem till FTM fixes.

I will respond in two posts to keep the issues seperate, Item 3 has been covered elsewhere in forums and has an existing patch (v 2.0.1)

For those with older version, pre 2.0.. Please do not let the issues scare you away, definitely encourage you to download the most current version from app store, (2.0.1). It is great. the new features in 2.0 far outweigh the isolated bugs being identified and worked on by FTM . Plus 2.0.1 appears to have fixed the reordering line up issue (#3 above).
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:40 am

For Switching Batter Icon from one side of the plate to another

** my simple guidance is don’t **

I recommend you hold off because
a) it is cumbersome (you have to go into Misc> Starting Lineup> then change batting side on desired batter) too many clicks
b) may trigger a crash (per these posts)
c) reported stats do not yet differentiate for switch hitters anyway

One of the requests on the list for future updates is to create an easier method to switch batter icon from one side to the other and back and to differentiate hits/at bats based on side of the plate.

Also please note as documented many places in the forum, the preferred method for making in game substitutions is not through the Misc-> Starting line up button… but instead by clicking on the batter icon or fielder circle, not through starting line up. Especially when dealing with DH.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:47 am

apology in advance for length,
(also new news on the the bat some scenario below, when you can expect it to happen)

In my experience, For this particular bug, the type of game you are playing makes a difference, please take note of which game type you have when troubleshooting or reporting back on this issue...
- Batting all
- Batting some (eg. 9)

When batting all –
- The issue happens (v 2.0.1) when you do not have players assigned to positions, all fielders show as ?
- if you have at last one player assigned a position it does not seem to trigger the crash
- the crash happens when you click on batter icon, and the defensive substitution screen appears (the black screen – w/ circles for players on field diagram above a list of names below)
- if you FIRST click on a white circle with ?, and then the player name, you will not crash,
-if you First click on a player name (and all white circles are ?) then you will crash back to apple main app screen menu, out of iscore. (yuck)

When Batting Some –
-"updated'
- I now can repeat the crash situation in "batting some" games also. (in the defensive side of the substitution screen - the offensive page of the substitution screen does not seem to be a problem)
- again this happens like above when you touch on a player name, before a white circle.
- It is different than above (batting all) in that does not happen when all fielders are ? but it when one fielder is assigned and others are ? (may crash with other combinations of assigned and unassigned, numbers but not tried all yet)
- it also happens regardless if "batters that do not bat" proceed "batters that do bat" in the line up or not. (one proposed cause in prior post)
- one other refinement, (and this may be important to the coders), it does mater if the batter icon you tap on, is one of the assigned or not, if they are not one of the assigned, it crashes. if the batter icon was one of the assigned it selects that white circle (now blue) upon selection of defensive page button, so it will work as expected.

MORAL OF STORY
until next version bug fix released, when you are doing defensive position assignments or substitutions, in all cases, batting all or batting some, on the defensive player substitution screen, try and select the white circle (make it turn blue) before you try and select a names. this seems to avoid the crash.