Updated to new version now app keeps closing.

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
OhioTex

Re: Updated to new version now app keeps closing.

Post by OhioTex » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:46 am

CaN

the forum is here for user use.. and solving your problems.. thanks for the posts...

Can you verify the version you are using as shown on the iScore home screen (ie v 2.01.03)?
((so you know ver 2.02.xx which will fix most of the known crashes reported here has not been released from apple yet. ))

also i assume you have reset memory, done a hard reset before scoring? (described elsewhere as to why so important)

I know it seems random when it crashes, but if you could try and provide the specific steps/situation where you were just before it crashes, (i know easier said than done) it helps accelerate the solution, once we can repeat the errors, the developers seem to solve it faster than monkeys...

export
so you know, as i understand it when you export your data base it is a snapshot, if you score games after that or make changes, before you re import, you may loose the in between action. So if you scored a game after you exported to FTM, I suggest you re export, because if they can fix your file / make changes they will ask you to re import, do not want you to loose something important..
juliagoolia

Post by juliagoolia » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:42 pm

I am having a similar problem. I just bought the application after all of the positive reviews but the first time I tried to use it it crashed on me in the 3rd inning!!!!! I tried to restart the program and my phone and nothing worked!! :evil: I deleted it and reinstalled but I couldn't save the data so it was of no use to me by that point. Im a little annoyed I just spent $5 on this and it doesnt even work once! How can this be fixed??????
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:48 pm

If you can email us directly at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com, we can try and work through the issue with you. The leading cause of crashes is memory issues, and that has been documented pretty extensively in these forums. You can find more information about that at http://iscore.fasterthanmonkeys.com/faq.jsp#memory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

The second leading cause is jailbroken devices (also documented in these forums), but we believe we have addressed the jailbroken device issue with the release that was approved today (version 2.10).

Thank you.
Stadtusquo

Post by Stadtusquo » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi.... This morning I noticed an update for iScore in APPS.... It updated and now game shuts down when I hit "play".
I am confused.... On my iScore front page screen it shows:
2.10.41 listed. This version doesn't look like any that you are referring to. I am using an 8G 3G iPhone. The iPhone was updated last week. I couldn't score today's game and I am hoping I can get it to work for tomorrows. Any help? This is the sequence:

Went in to add new Team, that we were playing...
added Team and Roster....
Adjusted Batting order for our Team...
hit "Play"...
was initially scoring our 1st At bat, visitors... but noticed the "batters" were not our Team roster???
went in to see "line-up"...
went back out and still wasn't right....
I then tried to ge back to Game... once I did and hit "play" it kept kicking me out of iScore....
I then did a "hard reset" as I saw on forum to clear memory issues....
Highlighted "game"....
went to hit "play" & kicked out...... tried over 12 times.... nothing! UGH
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:05 pm

If you can please export your database and email us as noted for the other person in a previous post, we can take a look at your database.

In the email, please also include your iPhone OS version and device type/version (i.e. iPhone 3G, iPod Touch, etc).

Thank you.
Stadtusquo

Post by Stadtusquo » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:14 am

OK.... Just exported data base.. It says my Customer ID is: [id removed by FTMSupport]
I have an 8G iPhone, about 6 weeks old- all up to date, purchased from Apple Store...

I tried to set up another Game this morning... it seems to be working, though I didn't start entering any pitches, but I did get to that screen. Hopefully I am good to go. Thanks for your quick response!

Mitch
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:20 am

Stadusquo,
I would not recommend putting your customer id in a thread. You can email it to support to access your data.

Just a suggestion,
Dan
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:30 am

The crash was a result of none of the players on one of the teams being marked as Batting in the Lineup. Although this could have been done on purpose, we think there may be a bug that puts the lineup in this state. If anyone can reproduce a situation where none of the batters are marked as Batting=YES in the lineup, we would very much appreciate it.

Also if anyone ever gets into a state where they hit Play and it crashes, they can check their Lineups by
selecting the game in question from Game Manager, touching Pitch by Pitch and selecting the first item in the list that says Game Starts. Touch Edit next to Starting Lineup and then look at both Lineups. If either has no players batting then correct this situation and the game should then play fine.

We have corrected the actual crash caused when no players are marked as batting for the next release.
tmccombs

Post by tmccombs » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:07 am

I just created a game where none of the visiting team were selected as batting. The game started fine and showed player 1 up at bat with player 1 on deck. I then selected "out" and it let me enter the details of the hit. medium grounder to 2nd. Batter out by 4-3. It then put player 1 AB and I tried to select "in Play" safe at 1st on single. While trying to enter the details of the hit "medium, line drive" the app crashed. I can select the game now from game mgr, but it crashes every time you select "play". I exported my data, and am sending you an email with my ID and game info. Hope this helps.
Todd
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:14 am

Can you provide the steps that caused the lineup to not have any of the players marked as batting?