Updated to new version now app keeps closing.

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Updated to new version now app keeps closing.

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:27 am

Bummer about the Memory App not being in the app store. It's not our app, just one we found that works great, but maybe there are others. Or hopefully they will get the full version back in the store (it's only 99 cents). Even viewing with the Lite version is interesting as it shows that Apple's applications stay in memory and use up space, but freeing the memory was a great feature. If anyone finds another App that does the same thing, please let us know. In the meantime, a hard reset will always free memory as well.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:42 pm

highlighting a Noteworthy tip for all ..
cactuseq wrote: For anyone reading this, if you are going to use the end inning functionality, we would suggest you put in at least one dummy pitch (ball/strike/whatever) before ending the inning.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:04 pm

CaN wrote:As for that app you recommend, currently on the "lite" version is available, and it apparently is only a meter. App Store says the full version is not available in the US right now (for what ever reason).

Once again, thanks for the best customer service around: you guys could teach the bigger companies quite a thing or two!
Cary
Same happened to me. Then I found MemorySweep... It will install as "Scan" (lite). I've used it once or twice today, so I don't know how good it works in the long run... and its free.

I just found this today, so, use at your own risk. Seems to work fine though.
CaN

Post by CaN » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Let us know how that app works, because the reviews scared me away from it.
Cary
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:49 am

Up til now, it's doing fine.

Haven't used it a lot, though. just when my memory is around 5 MB free, I hit the "free 15 MB of memory button" and it does just that (or at least that what it shows).
CaN

Post by CaN » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Sorry, iScore. App still crashes regularly on my 2nd gen. iPod touch (OS 2.2). No obvious fix and hard resets don't solve the problem. Could it be you've just made the app too big and memory greedy now?

Cary
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:28 pm

@CaN - can you tell us the steps that are causing a crash for you? We have identified a few situations that cause crashes and they are fixed for 2.02, but maybe you have another or it has been addressed. If you can export your database to us and/or describe your steps, we would love to take a look.

Thank you.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:32 am

@cary ... Sounds like your initial posted crash issue got fixed with the memory problem.
I suspect your new crashes are for entirely different reasons...

(I assume you are working with latest version, V 2.01.03 - if not download it)

Then Please review the Issue Reporting thread: "Crashing on 2.01.03 on minor lineup change" and see if that describes what you are experiencing (i.e. crashes when doing a substitution or line up change).. If not your issue, please let FTM and the community know the steps that proceed your crash, would like to solve it for you and others before weekend games.

If that thread does describe your situation - great, and good news FTM is on top of it, with the help of the user community they have identified the bug, fixed it and sent a new version to apple (v2.02).. until then there are steps you can take to avoid it and they are documented in the "Crashing on 2.01.03 on minor lineup change" thread

@ cactuseq
to clarify .... the original post of this thread by cactuseq, was for a different issue... the system appears to be unstable if there is a game where " back to back end innings is used - without any events, balls, strikes outs occurring in the inning".. last i heard this was still an issue FTM was working on. and the recommendation till fixed is to make sure some activity is in each inning (even if just a ball)...
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:41 am

The End Inning with no pitch issue is fixed in the 2.02 release that is awaiting Apple's approval.
CaN

Post by CaN » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:14 am

Dear all,

Thanks much for the replies. I am using the latest version. I wonder if the fact that I've not upgraded my Touch to OS 3.0 has anything to do with the crashes? (I've not upgraded since I've heard that version is very buggy, so still using OS 2.2.)

Crashes occur at random times, it seems. Only common element is that going to an "extra" element in the program seems to cause a crash, like pitch location/speed, editing in pitch-by-pitch mode, etc. It almost never crashes when I'm doing only basic scoring.

I have some other issues, but they are best explained in a new thread to avoid "thread creep."

Cary

PS: I exported my db yesterday.