MLB data load - Milwaukee Brewers

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
bsweetser

MLB data load - Milwaukee Brewers

Post by bsweetser » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:12 pm

This is quite odd... All the Milwaukee Brewers information that was imported has placed them in the "American League 2009" league rather than the "National League 2009" league. The Brewers have been part of the NL since the late '90s, so I'm guessing this is not information as provided by MLB.

FTM, is this league placement done by you?

Thanks,
ben
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: MLB data load - Milwaukee Brewers

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:31 pm

We will be sure this is fixed for tomorrow's 8am update. Thank you.
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:40 pm

The Twins are incorrectly listed in the National League, also.

ben
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:04 pm

We will fix that one as well, and verify the rest of the league while updating... these updates will automatically be available with tomorrow's refresh (updates occur at 8am daily). Thank you.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:12 am

FTMSupport wrote:... these updates will automatically be available with tomorrow's refresh (updates occur at 8am daily). Thank you.

Call me blind :D , but the first post I read about the updates, I did not pay attention to the Time Zone and got bitten by that while trying iScore with a MLB game yesterday. Every player coming to bat had wrong stats! I was in the middle of writing a post when I realized you have written that the rosters are uploaded by 8am.. PST!!!!!!!!! I was so sure I had the correct rosters since I did it after 8 am, only to realize that mine was after 8 am EST!!!!! and, obviously, before 11 am. :oops:

So I've made my mental note to update daily after noon EST, maybe also before game time. ;)

And it should be made clear to everyone that 8am means 8am PST - 11am EST
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:46 am

The changes for both Milwaukee and the Twins have been made. For new MLB customers, things will be fine. For existing customers, our tests have shown that it will just ADD the correct league to each time. The daily sync never removes a league from a team because it is possible that users would want to add additional Leagues to teams, and we wouldn't want the update to overwrite that. For example, maybe you want to create a "My MLB Teams" league to filter down the list of teams to just the teams you are interested in, and we would not want a daily update to overwrite that.

So, one time only, you will have to remove the incorrect league from the Twins and Brewers if you had already downloaded the rosters. If you have already made the fix by hand, the update will not change that.

We also confirmed the rest of the league is correct.

Thank you.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:37 pm

FTMSupport wrote:I did not pay attention to the Time Zone and got bitten by that while trying iScore with a MLB game yesterday
you could just move to the left coast and not have that problem :lol: