Batting Order and Player Cards (Version 2.0

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
sarndt

Batting Order and Player Cards (Version 2.0

Post by sarndt » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:14 am

I upgraded successfully on my Touch (v3.0) last night. All my data appears to be intact. However, I noticed the cumulative player stats appear to be wrong. In researching the issue, I noticed that several of the previously scored games have the batting order out of place from how it was when the games were scored but the plays for each batting position are correct.

The batting order showing up now (in 2.0) appears to be how the team roster was set up originally and not how the batting order was set for a particular game during the earlier games in the season. Later in the season, I adjusted the roster once the batting order had stablized and those games appear more correct (at least for the player I was looking at.)

Also, when looking at player cards I don't see any stats just a message that No summary stats available for this player. I don't know if this is related or not???

I can send you a PDF copy of a game as it was scored when it happened and how the app is showing it now if that helps....

Thanks for a great app!

Scott
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Batting Order and Player Cards (Version 2.0

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:23 am

With 2.0 you can now correct the lineup of previous games. For any game, go to the Pitch by Pitch screen and touch the first item in the list. This will allow you to bring up the Starting Lineup screen. From there you can make any corrections to the lineup. The plays and stats will remain with the batting position. We strongly suggest you Export before doing any corrections in the Play by Play screen so that your data can be restored in case a mistake is made.

For the player cards see this topic http://iscore.freeforums.org/post2397.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:26 am

I would suggest you consider 'refreshing the stats' (see the link provided) before you do the play by play work., it may help correct things before you try the play by play edits.

also exporting data as a backup before you try is a good idea
GatorBoy

Post by GatorBoy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:26 pm

I am having the exact same problem as Scott. However in my situation I noticed after the 1st pitch I had the order incorrectly on my lineup so i went to undo and switched the players in the line up and continued the game. Reviewing the scorecard at the end of the game version 1.65 showed a substitution at the line up position (not that big of a deal), but the stat's and card was correct. When I updated to the newer version 2.0 at lunch today the two batters were switched back as if the sub never happened. It was an easy notice for me because one of the batters hit (2) bombs that are now credited to the other player. I have gone to the edit game screen and have used it already to sub pitchers etc... however I can't seem to make an offensive substitution. Whether I select home or visitor it seems to only allow me to sub in the field. FTM can you be more specific on how to do this sub in the "edit game" mode?

Thanks

gatorboy
GatorBoy

Post by GatorBoy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:30 pm

Please disregard my last post. I read FTM again and saw they mention the 1st item in the edit game mode. I got it and corrected it. I had to figure it out before the Buckeye (OhioTex) started making fun of me.
GatorBoy

Post by GatorBoy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:45 am

FTM - OK I have done this and am not getting consistent results. For one game I mistakenly switched two players in the line up. As the player was coming to bat I corrected the position of the player in the line up via the line up screen in version 1.65. Everything was fine in version 1.65. However when I updated to 2.0 the switch that I made was never recored so it appears that they batted in the switched positions. The stat's are correct for the batter in that particular line up position however the players name reflected at the position is incorrect - thus crediting a player with hits they never got etc....

Anyhow, I am able to edit the post-player in the line up and as I view the stat's they appear correct. However when I exit the app and come back into the team stat's it is back to the original "problem" where the players have switched back. I save it each time I make the correction, but after exiting the app it is no longer saved.

Any suggestions?

Gatorboy.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:21 am

Please export your database to us and email us your customer ID at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false so we can take a look. Thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:11 am

As a reference here are the proper steps to modify a batting order for an already completed game.

Select a game from Game Manager
Touch Pitch By Pitch in the Game Info screen
In the Pitch by Pitch screen touch the first item which says Game Starts
Touch the Edit button
Move the players into the correct batting order by touching and dragging the icon with the three horizontal bars
Once the players are in the correct batting order touch Done
Touch Save in the upper right corner
Touch Back in the upper left corner

Stats are tied to the batting position so when you move a player in the starting lineup to a new batting position his stats will change to reflect the stats that are in that position. If you were to move the player in batting position 9 to batting position 1, all players would receive new stats because 1-8 would all shift down one batting position. If you were to swap the player in position 9 and the player in position 1, then only those two players would receive the new stats at those positions.

During a game the starting lineup behaves the same way. So if during the game you are on the 8th batter and realize you have the 7th and 8th batters switched there is no need to undo. Simply return to the Starting Lineup (Misc->Show Starting Lineup) and swap the players in batting positions 7 and 8. The player who had been in the 8th position will now receive that stats that occurred for the 7th batter and the player who had been in the 7th batting position will receive the stats of the 8th position if any.

The only thing to keep in mind is that you can not add or remove batters in the starting lineup once all players have batted and you have reached the top of the order again. Before that time you may add or remove as many players as you wish. However, when you have reached the top of the order again the number of batters is locked in. After that time you may adjust the starting lineup in any way you wish as long as the number of players with Batting=YES remains constant. If you reach the top of the order again and realize that the number of batters is incorrect, Undo to the point where play has not looped around to the top of the order and then make your corrections to the starting lineup.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:51 pm

There was a bug in cumulative stats that had the potential to cause reording of lineups. Apple approved an emergency fix for this today (version 2.01). See more information here:

http://iscore.freeforums.org/version-2- ... -t585.html
plivengood

Post by plivengood » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:42 pm

FTMSupport wrote:The only thing to keep in mind is that you can not add or remove batters in the starting lineup once all players have batted and you have reached the top of the order again. Before that time you may add or remove as many players as you wish.
This could be a problem, as in some youth tournament ball, if a player shows up in mid-game, they are allowed to be added as a batter (when batting the entire roster) at the end of the order. Can you do this as outlined above via editing post-game? It sounds like you cannot, and this situation would not be supported....