updated to 2.0 and all my data is gone

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
adammichael

updated to 2.0 and all my data is gone

Post by adammichael » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Whats happening? All players, games everything is gone. I tried to import and still nothing.
Any ideas?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: updated to 2.0 and all my data is gone

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:30 pm

This should not happen. We have tested updates quite extensively. The only way we can think of that this can happen is if you delete version 1.65 before installing version 2.0. Deleting iScore (or any iPhone application) will delete all associated data. Just running an update leaves existing data intact.

What steps did you take when doing the upgrade? If you can email us directly at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false, and let us know your customer ID (bottom left of Options menu), we can see if there is anything on our servers that can help you out.

Please let us know the exact steps you took when upgrading.

Thank you.
adammichael

Post by adammichael » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:49 pm

FTMSupport wrote:This should not happen. We have tested updates quite extensively. The only way we can think of that this can happen is if you delete version 1.65 before installing version 2.0. Deleting iScore (or any iPhone application) will delete all associated data. Just running an update leaves existing data intact.

What steps did you take when doing the upgrade? If you can email us directly at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false, and let us know your customer ID (bottom left of Options menu), we can see if there is anything on our servers that can help you out.

Please let us know the exact steps you took when upgrading.

Thank you.
If I add new players they disapear as soon as I enter them and they arent there to add to a lineup.
Iscore crashes and I have to restart. 1.65 ran perfectly. How can I reload 2.0 fromn scratch?
I got the all star roster from you a few days ago so if I reload and import would that bring everything back?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:53 am

the user mentions " importing", could importing from pre 2..0 matter?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:10 am

We have been actively trying to help this user over the phone. It is something about his device specifically. We have his data on our servers, so we will be able to restore it for him, but first we need to get iScore working on his device. If he installs from scratch, it is not working either, so something strange is going on. We have given him links to Apple's site for steps to troubleshoot iPod Touch issues (that's what he is using). Hopefully we will be able to get this cleared up with him today.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:30 am

not sure it will help, but i am an i touch user and did not have the issue. here are my
Equipment specs (2nd gen i touch, 8gb, V3.0 OS Model MB528LL) .

to any new members to the communty, please note this is the type of support FTM has given user community since day one. truely 5 star+ . Try to solve problems. Not many companies work one on one with a user by phone to solve their one off issue.

Good luck I hope to hear back all solved soon,
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:40 am

This customer has version 2.2.1 of the OS on an iPod Touch, and we tested on a device with his same configuration while on the phone with him, and did not have any problems whatsoever... so it truly appears to be something specifically with his device. We will update the forum when we find out more, but it appears to be a very isolated incident at this point.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:13 pm

Just a follow up... we got confirmation that the user's iPod Touch was jailbroken, and he was able to "un-jailbreak", and reinstall iScore, and his data is now now fine and everything works fine.

So apparently there is some kind of issue with jailbroken devices, but we are not clear what it is. We do not do anything specifically to prevent running on jailbroken devices, but maybe Apple has with new updates? We do know they recommend not jailbreaking, but that is not our policy, and I have a sneaking suspicion that if we asked Apple about it, they would not be able to give us any recommendations since they do not support jailbreaking.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have iScore Version 2.0 running successfully on a jailbroken device? We do not recommend jailbreaking because that is Apple's official policy, but as stated above, we do not prohibit it from working.

Thank you to the original poster for helping us work through this issue.