Scorecard headings double-print

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
jcbeckman

Scorecard headings double-print

Post by jcbeckman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:32 am

I have some long team names ("APBA 1984 Philadelphia Phillies" for example) and when the Scorecard heading tries to print "Team A at Team B" with long names it double prints at the end, so that the hits (and I'm guessing runs, as I can't read it) along with the second team name are all printed over each other.

Yes, I suppose I could rename the teams (but I plan to use iScore with APBA and Superstar baseball - with teams from multiple years - along with real MLB games, so I need to keep the teams straight) or the games (but the name is hard to edit as the box with the game name is tiny - and besides, the default name is actually what I want it to say!) but if you could just move to the next line, or maybe switch to landscape, this wouldn't be an issue.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Scorecard headings double-print

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:53 am

We will add supporting longer names as an enhancement request to be prioritized for future versions. Version 2.0 should actually help though with a feature called "Leagues". Leagues are logical groupings that you can use any way you like. In your case, you could have a league for "APBA Teams", "Superstar Teams", and "MLB Teams". Then you can have iScore display just the teams from those leagues so it does not get confusing when they have the same names.

Of course, that requires Apple to approve 2.0 which we've been waiting on for over a month now. Hopefully they approve it soon.

Thank you.
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:55 am

That sounds like it will be a huge help! Are the players also segregated by the leagues?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:05 am

Yes. Players, Teams, and Games can all be assigned to leagues. You can also re-assign them at any time.
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Exactly what I need - thanks!