Home Away...

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
v4snd6vw

Home Away...

Post by v4snd6vw » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:15 pm

When scoring a new game, the game naming convention appears to be reversed; sometimes. Let's assume the Angels are the home team and the Red Sux are the visiting team. The game name would be listed as 4/12/09 Angels vs Red Sux. This naming convention would imply the Angels are the visiting team, while the Red Sux are actually the visiting team. Also, in the game display the home team score box appears to the left of the visitor team score box. This is different than the normal arrangements of visitor over home and visitor left of home when displaying the team names (or generic names home and away.)

I have somehow created one game where the naming convention is normal. All other games I create are reversed from normal.

Much thanks in advance for your prompt response!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Home Away...

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:38 pm

We will add making all Visitor vs Home team displays being visitor on left and home on right or visitor on top / home on bottom to our enhancement request list, and include it in a future version.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Wahoorich

Post by Wahoorich » Thu May 14, 2009 11:49 am

Before you start game when you are setting up the rosters, if you press "swap", the players swap from home/visitor. The problem is the team name foes not follow with them.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 14, 2009 12:53 pm

That is correct. The swap button swaps team lineups not teams themselves. In early versions of iScore before Team Manager this was more useful than team swaps. Currently it is not very useful. Version 1.6 which has been submitted to Apple for approval now puts up an alert box that asks you if you want to swap teams or lineups. You can also cancel out which will prevent accidentally pressing swap without realizing it.
kbum

Post by kbum » Mon May 18, 2009 1:12 pm

I find out who is home team (1-2 minutes before game start), so if our team should be changed to HOME, I click on SWAP. I assumed this now means our team is HOME and the other team is VISITOR. I then click on PLAY. Is this correct?

If that is not how I change the teams prior to game start, then this may have something to do with the fact that the title of our game stats is that of the opponent and vice versa. The players are listed correctly though.

On Team Manager our team roster is correct, but when I click on Team Stats, the stats show opponents players, our players aren't listed on our team stats.

Help!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Prior to version 1.60 (which was just approved last night in the App Store - free download), Swap would actually do exactly that --- swap the lineups for the two teams. This was a feature in iScore from the beginning, from before Team Manager existed. Since Team Manager, the usefulness of swap has been reduced since you can now have your teams created in Team Manager, and select home and visitor just before game time when creating a new game.

As of version 1.60, if you click Swap, it now asks if you intend to "Swap Teams" meaning swap who is home and who is visitor, or "Swap Lineups" (which is what it did prior to 1.60) which actually moves the players in the lineups to the opposite teams and was intended to help people who mistakenly entered the lineups on the wrong teams (again, much easier to have accidentally done this prior to Team Manager).
kbum

Post by kbum » Mon May 18, 2009 2:45 pm

When I purchased iScore (which I love), it was version 1.01.06, it had Team Manager, so SWAPing during game setup seemed logical to be swapping of which team was home vs. visitor (needed in competitive/travel baseball where all you play are tournaments so there's no set schedule of home & away games...you find out who's home right before game time)

Now I understand that Prior to 1.60.42, presssing SWAP caused the following:
1. players switch teams
2. it does not add those players to the team's roster
3. statistics are now present for players that are not on the team's roster in Team Manager

I have scored 2 games. Do I have to delete them and re-enter them all over to get stats for our Team?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 18, 2009 4:08 pm

If you can export your database to us (Options, Export), and email us your customer ID (bottom left of options screen), we can see if there is a way we can update your database to put the players back on the right teams.