Has anyone had these issues?

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
baystatebaseball

Has anyone had these issues?

Post by baystatebaseball » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:04 pm

- When substituting a batter, I tap the batter, and enter the substitution. If, during the at-bat, I go to the lineup to edit the new player (e.g., to make him left-handed or enter his name), when I return to play, the original batter has reappeared in the lineup. I was scoring a game and realized too late that the first two pitches were recorded against the original lineup player, not the sub.

- In an inning when the team bats around, the scoresheet doesn't properly record the second at-bats of the inning for some players. For instance, in one game in which we had 12 appearances in an inning (only 9 batters bat), the 10th & 11th PA's were recorded on top of those players' earlier appearances (1st & 2nd appearances in the inning) on the scoresheet. You can see both hit positions in the same cell of the scoresheet; however, the 12th at-bat (the last out) does appear in the next column over.

- Another scoresheet anomaly: in some cells, the play appears faded on the scoresheet, as if something has been recorded over it. E.g., the "BB" will appear washed out instead of bright green.

I'm sure the soon-to-be-legendary version 2.0 will correct most of this, but I'm curious to know if others have seen it.

P.S. Put me in the camp to request support for jersey number 00. We have two in our spring league. Hasn't been an issue in the summer league, but I'm sure it will arise again.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Has anyone had these issues?

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:10 pm

If you can send your database to us (Options Menu, Export), and email us your Customer ID (bottom left of options screen), we can take a look at the issues you are reporting.

From what you are describing, it may have to do with going to the lineup screen to make changes. Any time you visit the lineup screen, you are editing the starting lineup. You should not be going there to do substitutions.

The scoresheet should be making two columns for an inning if you bat through the lineup. We can take a look at your database if you send it to us.

Thank you.
baystatebaseball

Post by baystatebaseball » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:20 pm

I will export my database in a few moments.

To clarify, I am not going to the lineup to make a substitution; I do that by tapping the batter and then making the sub from the substitution screen. However, if -- after I make the substitution -- I want to add details about the player (e.g., his name ,or the fact that he bats left-handed), I click the lineup button to make those changes to his information. I expect to see the same batter at the plate when I return to play, but sometimes (not all the time), the batter has reverted back to the original lineup player.

As for the scoresheet in the bat-around situation, a new column is created, but the first couple of repeat batters are overwritten in the original column instead of appearing in the new column. I'll take a screen shot and email it.

Thanks!
baystatebaseball

Post by baystatebaseball » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:36 pm

By the way, it would be really nice on the scoresheet to number each position in the lineup. That will save a few moments when glancing to see which batter advanced a runner.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:51 pm

I'm not clear what you mean by this. The batting position IS currently listed on the scorecard. There is a large gray # in each lineup position that is the batting position. Is that what you are referring to?
baystatebaseball

Post by baystatebaseball » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm referring to the printable (PDF) scoresheet. There are columns for jersey number, fielding position, and innings of play, but it would be nice to have a simple sequential number down the left side from 1-9 (or n).
baystatebaseball

Post by baystatebaseball » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Oops! I now see the gray numbers. They don't show up very well on my laptop screen. I imagine they're more visible when the sheet is printed.

Thanks.