Replacing pitcher with a current fielder?

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
coruscant1

Replacing pitcher with a current fielder?

Post by coruscant1 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:05 pm

Ok, this is an awesome app which I love using. However, the ppitcher subs are driving me nuts. Usually, i am scoring games for a travel softball team. When we switch pitchers, it is usually with a player that is currently in the field. How can i replace the pitcher with a player that is already in field? It would seem that by clicking on pitcher, i would be able to rearrange the positions, but it never seems to work. Any clues you can possibly offer?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Replacing pitcher with a current fielder?

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:22 pm

Version 2.0 makes this extremely simple and more obvious, but with version 1.65, one way to do it would be to click the fielder that will become the pitcher, then click the "P" for their position when the popup comes up. You can then Save, and click the position the player was playing (which would now have a ?), and select the player to now play that spot.

In an "all players bat" leagues, as opposed to "substitutions" league, this is even easier as players can be moved around at any time whether they are already assigned a position or not.

Version 2.0 makes the ease of an "all players bat" league also possible with the "substitutions" style scoring.

Hope this helps.
mg91

Post by mg91 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:51 pm

This has not worked for me. I am trying to switch the pitcher with the third baseman. I am able to move around everyone else but the pitcher.

When trying to switch it will show the Pitcher playing two positions and then loses the prior pitch record. I can get it all back by clicking Undo. Is there another way to get the pitcher to switch with the 3B?

Thanks, love the app!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:12 pm

First off, be sure to watch the videos at http://iscore.fasterthanmonkeys.com/training.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false (specifically Part 2) as they cover most scenarios for substitutions. The biggest cause of confusion is people trying to make position changes by going through the lineup screen. This is not the way to make substitutions.

If you have watched these videos, and are still having trouble, please describe your situation a little more and we can likely help you out. Are you scoring a game where all players bat? Or using substitutions? Another mistake we see people make is to mark players that are batting but not in the field as having Position = DH. This is not correct. DH is used specifically for a player that is batting for the pitcher. Players that bat, but don't play the field should be marked as Postion = Out, Batting = Yes.
hw3133

Post by hw3133 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:39 am

I just recently downloaded this app and I agree with everyone else on this forum...it is awesome! Great job!

But newbies make mistakes. I recently started scoring a game but neglected to get the pitcher assigned until the second inning. So the first inning pitch count was tracked under "Unknown". Is there a way to transfer this information to the appropriate pitcher?

Keep up the good work and "Hurry up Apple...approve 2.0"!!!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:09 am

When 2.0 is approved, you will be able to edit the starting lineup for the game, and it will give the pitching stats to the pitcher correctly. You will be able to do this for past games as well... so hopefully they approve it very soon.
mg91

Post by mg91 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Update on switching the 3B with the Pitcher.

Am tracking a JR High game with 9 players batting and substitutions. Learned early on that messing with the lineup during the game was bad so that wasn't the issue. It did however have to do with the DH. It's very common for the DH to bat for positions other than the P down here in the minors. I wasn't aware that it was only intended for the P in iScore.

Good news is I simply changed the DH to a ? and then swtiched 3B with P and it took the switch.

Thanks! Looking forward to 2.0!