App continuously crashing

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Ed C.

App continuously crashing

Post by Ed C. » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:10 pm

I'm a brand new user. I tried to score an MLB game "on the fly" before reading the forums (bad idea!). I added most of the visiting team before hitting play, but only the pitcher of the home team. I added the rest of the home team in the bottom of the first.

The game scored MOSTLY fine, but there were quirks: I had to add players as substitutions were made, and one defensive player I substituted kept disappearing from the batting order and the original player's name kept showing up, and substitute pitchers in the roster kept losing their position designation.

After the last play of the game I tried to email myself the scorecard, and it said it could not complete the email (though I actually got the scorecard). Then, the app crashed. Now when I try to click the game in the game manager, the app crashes -- so I can't even delete it. If I go to Score a Game and select that game, the app crashes.

I must say I really like scoring with the app once I got used to it. Is there a way to completely reset the app to a pristine state? I don't really care about what I have already done (just the one game).
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: App continuously crashing

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:20 pm

If you remove the application from your device, and re-download it from Apple, it will reset the database. Apple will recognize you already purchased the application for your account, and not charge you for re-installing. To remove the application, just hold your finger down on the icon until little red "x"s appear, then click the "x" for iScore. It will confirm you want to delete the application.

If you continue having issues, please let us know as we have not had reports of crashing with v1.65 other than low memory issues (in which case resetting your phone will fix those), or people running iPhone OS prior to 2.2.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Ed C.

Re: App continuously crashing

Post by Ed C. » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:27 am

Thanks for the quick response and the great app! I'm really looking forward to the new release!

-- Ed C.