losing substitutions

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
horizonchaser5

losing substitutions

Post by horizonchaser5 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:16 am

Just downloaded the app last night for my bf's baseball game and love it. However, I did run into one issue (well, more than one, but the rest I've figured out). At one point between innings he came over and had to check his email on the phone. He went to the home screen, checked his email, and then I went back into iScore. The game came up fine, in the position I left off--except that the substitutions I had made had reverted to the original lineup. In addition, two players that I had only had numbers for before the game started, then had named during the game when they were announced, only had numbers again. Now they don't have stats, because I have a bunch of number-only players in my player list (which is partially my fault) and I don't know which player is which. I tested it a couple of times--making subs and then going back to the main screen, or re-naming the players then going back to the home screen. The subs seemed to only stick about half the time, and the player names never stuck, it always reverted back to them just having a number. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a glitch?

(By the way, I would also love to be able to add lineups on the fly--the announcer at these games never reads the lineup ahead of time, and while I can get my bf's team's lineup before the game I can't get the other team's lineup, so I have to keep score on paper until the other team bats through the lineup so that I have the right order, then enter it all into the phone. Doable, but annoying.)

Otherwise, love the app!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: losing substitutions

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:50 am

It sounds like maybe you are doing the substitutions using the "Lineup" instead of clicking the players you want to substitute for. Have you watched the training videos on doing substitutions? Part 2 covers it specifically. Here is the link to the training videos:

http://iscore.fasterthanmonkeys.com/training.jsp

To create "lineups on the fly", the best method people seem to be using is to just pre-enter a generic team before the game with names like "P1, P2, P3, etc..", then you can edit those names in the lineup as you learn who they are. This method has become so common that we are actually adding a "Quick Roster" feature to our next release that will create a team like this automatically for you.

If you have watched videos, and that IS the way you made the substitutions, we can look at your data closer if you export your database to us. To do that, you go to the Options menu, and click Export. When you receive a Success message, email your customer ID (bottom left of Options screen) to us at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false, and a specific example from one of the games in your database, and we will figure out what happened.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs