App closes after using Game Manager

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
sawgrass

App closes after using Game Manager

Post by sawgrass » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:51 am

I was consistently getting the following results.

1. Start App
2. Select Game Manager
3. Choose game
4. Perform any function ( i have been e-mailing )
5. Return to game info screen
6 Click back
7. Returns to game selection screen and Shuts down App immediately.

I can pause between steps 5 & 6 as much as I like, but it shuts down when I hit back.

After a hard boot of the iPhone problem has gone away. Very strange. I reproduced at least 20 times. Now I can't. I started the process by e-mailing stats.
Things that make you go "hmmmmm"
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: App closes after using Game Manager

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi sawgrass -

This sounds like it was a memory related issue if a hard reboot fixed it. Memory can "leak" over time from running many applications. Closing an application does not necessarily free all memory used by that program if the developers did not do their memory management properly. So any program run on a device can start causing problems for other programs.

There is an application in the App Store that is 99 cents that you can use to free up memory. We usually don't "plug" other apps, but this seems like a useful utility:

MemoryInfo with Free Memory and Battery Level

For 99 cents, it gives you better insight into how the memory is being used on your phone, and you can often times free up memory without having to "hard reset" your phone.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs