issues I have encountered

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
nicett

issues I have encountered

Post by nicett » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:56 pm

I have been using iscore for some time and I have encountered the following issues:

1. In the Scorecard, the "spanish n" does not appear correct. In fact, the entire name of the player is distorted.

2. I think you know about the giving multiple errors to one player in a single play. For example, man on third with two outs and the shortstop commits an error (e6). So, batter reaches on the error and the runner on third scores on the same error. However, iscore gives two (2) errors instead of one (1).

3. While scoring a game, if you answer the phone or reply to a text, one must go through the entire process to get where you left off. So, one would have to click score a game, pick the game, click next after line up, then finally play. This is way to long and cumbersome during the "heat of battle." Is there a way to shorten the process?

4. Now that the coach knows I am scoring the game, after our pitcher gets the third out, he comes to me and asks "how many pitches has he thrown?" But I cannot answer it because the screen only shows the opposing team's pitch count and now ours. I think there should be a way to access this information without leaving the screen.

5. The game stats are not totaled.

As luck would have it, all the parents come to me with all the questions, how many pitches, how many hits, etc. They all love the app and especially that I use it. Keep up the good work!!!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: issues I have encountered

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:28 pm

First time we've heard of the Spanish N issue. We will check into that - it is most likely a font issue, and hopefully we can get it corrected.

#2 and #4 are on our list.

#3 is on our list as well, and the way we think we are going to implement is when you exit the app, when you go back in, it will take you right back to where you were no matter where that is (middle of scoring a game, in the team manager, viewing a pitch by pitch detail, whatever)

For #5 - where are the game stats not totaled? The game summary (HTML) should have totaled stats. If you are referring to on the scorecard, we have that on our list as well (showing more stats on the scorecard itself).

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
nicett

Post by nicett » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Under game manager, when you select a game, the team batting stats and the pitching stats are not totaled.

Another issue I just noticed in game manager is the team names in the box score are cut-off.

thank you
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:39 pm

We will look into fixing these issues. If you go into scoring (even for a completed game) and view the statistics in there, you will see the team summary. Of if you email the stats to yourself, it includes team stats as well.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs