In-game pitching speckle chart not working

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
slinthic

In-game pitching speckle chart not working

Post by slinthic » Thu May 28, 2009 11:15 am

Just loaded the new version on last nite and the in-game pitching speckle chart is not updating. Also, the scorebook view after the game does not show any pitches on the speckle graph. The only place I can see the pitch locations that I registered is in the "play-by-play" view.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: In-game pitching speckle chart not working

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 28, 2009 11:51 am

Just tried it here, and the speckle chart seems to be working fine. Do you have a pitcher assigned to the defensive team? If you do not have a pitcher assigned (i.e. there is a ? for the pitcher), then iScore does not know who to assign pitches to so it will only display in the pitch by pitch listing. The other views show pitches for specific pitchers, so a pitcher must be assigned to see the pitches.

Let us know if that is what you are experiencing, or it is something else.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
slinthic

Re: In-game pitching speckle chart not working

Post by slinthic » Thu May 28, 2009 12:38 pm

It looks like I've come across an anomoly. The in-game speckle chart does seem to work if a pitchers number is shown in the pitchers mound position on the diamond. However, I have had many occurrences where the pitchers number is not showing on the mound (it is blank) yet the appropriate pitchers name is showing up in the bottom right hand corner and pitch count is accumulating appropriately for that player.

So, as long as a number is showing up on the mound; speckle seems to work. If the mound position is blank, but correct pitcher is showing up in bottom right, speckle doesnt work.