Pitch count stats off

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
jwdavis

Pitch count stats off

Post by jwdavis » Thu May 28, 2009 7:22 am

I had a game the other night where the starting pitcher left the mound, but then came back to pitch at the end of the game. Her stats as far as IP, BF, R, ER, K, H, BB, and HB all seem to be correct - but the pitch count is only for when she came back in at the end of the game. Here are the stats

IP 3
BF 24
Ball 6
Str 9
PIT 15
R 7
ER 7
K 2
H 4
BB 8
HB 4

Pretty good pitching if she faced 24 batters, and only threw 15 pitches, wouldn't you say? ;-)
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Pitch count stats off

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 28, 2009 9:32 am

The only time we have seen an issue like this is if you tried changing pitchers using the lineup intead of the "substitutions" screen.

If you have not watched the YouTube videos, Part 2 in particular covers the correct way to do substitutions.

The videos can be seen at:

http://www.youtube.com/fasterthanmonkeys

If you did use the correct way of substituting pitchers in your game, we would like to see your data to see what may have caused an insconsistent pitch count.

You can export your data to us by going to Options, Export. When you get a Success message, email us at support@fastethanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false with your customer ID (bottom left of options screen), and in the email let us know which game and which pitcher you are seeing an issue for.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jwdavis

Post by jwdavis » Thu May 28, 2009 11:36 am

I think I did it correctly - I touched the pitcher's position on the field diagram and selected a different player to play that position. The play-by-play shows "substitution". But I have noticed something a little weird. Sometimes, when I touch a position on the field, the screen that pops up has the players' numbers listed across, under a button with their position in the line-up and then in the lower right corner are buttons with the positions - by touching the number in the batting order of a particular player, and then touching a position, I can change their position. Other times, when I touch a position on the field, I get a screen with the positions listed on buttons across the top, and the number of the player playing that position underneath - then at the bottom of the screen is a list of players to pick from. I can't figure out why I get the different screens.

I will export my data when I can get to a wifi point.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 28, 2009 11:54 am

The different screens appear depending on whether the entire lineup is set to Batting=Yes (all players bat), or if one or more players is set to Batting=No (meaning you are playing with substitutes).

It is slightly different because when all players bat, all you ever do is rearrange the positions they are playing. When you are playing with substitutes, you can still rearrange players positions, but a substitute takes the batting position of the player they are entering the game for in the lineup.

We will watch for an email when you have exported your database.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jwdavis

Post by jwdavis » Thu May 28, 2009 6:24 pm

I have exported the data as requested - please let me know if you figure anything out.