Wacky box score

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
bsweetser

Wacky box score

Post by bsweetser » Wed May 27, 2009 12:11 pm

To test the latest update, I entered a game from earlier this year that I had originally scored by hand. Right after I finished entering the game, I went through the lineup page to go back to the main screen to go into the game manager to update the date and time of the game. The box score was all messed up. The early innings had a bunch of negative numbers, and the middle innings were blank. After closing and reopening iScore, everything is fine. I just thought I would pass this on in case others see the same issue, and I think it would be pretty easy to reproduce.

ben
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Wacky box score

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 27, 2009 12:21 pm

We have seen this happen in low memory conditions on some devices... usually when it has been along time since a hard reset (since many apps can "leak memory"). If you see this happening, the first suggestion we have is to do a hard reset:

1. Press and hold the button on the top right of the phone (top left on iPod touch) until you get a message that appears like "slide to power off"

2. Slide the red arrow to power the phone off

3. Power the device back on by pressing the same button you pressed in step #1.

This will free up all "leaked memory" on your device. Memory leaks can happen from any application on an iPhone - closing an application does not necessarily free all memory. Developers need to free memory from their applications correctly, or over time leaks will build up.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
igitur

Re: Wacky box score

Post by igitur » Wed May 27, 2009 5:09 pm

Same thing happened to me tonight. I have 42 MB of free memory, did a hard reset after updating to 1.65.08, and have exported my data to you user id # F1FBDC625D. I will also email the stats that came to me via email after the game. Take a look and tell us what you think. Thanks.