merge player bug?

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
jcheng

merge player bug?

Post by jcheng » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:07 pm

I think this may be a bug, or at least the behavior was unexpected.

Yesterday we played a team that we faced last year, but didn't get the roster ahead of time. Knowing I could merge players later, I created a new team for this year via Quick Roster.

After the game, I had the all the names, so I went back to player manager and found the duplicate players (about 6 out of 12). I set the player from last year in the left column and the newly created player in the right column and hit merge and everything behaved as expected for stats.

However, when I went back to Team Manager and selected this year's team, the 2nd and 4th players that I merged seemed to have disappeared - the roster showed only this year's player number, but no first or last name. Selecting the player card showed no stats.

Going back to player manager and selecting the appropriate players showed merged stats from last year and this year (all the appropriate leagues were on) - no duplicates.

Selecting the game manager and looking at the roster showed that the appropriate merge for those two players (and the other ones) had occurred with both years' stats.

So I just went back to Team Manager and re-added the two players. But this only happened with those two players, and not the other merged ones, so I'm not sure what happened, but not a big deal since everything else was as expected.

Sending you my info by email, have exported the database.