Fielders #s disappear after changing player's left/right

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
mrolearyseattle

Fielders #s disappear after changing player's left/right

Post by mrolearyseattle » Wed May 27, 2009 7:08 am

I love this app. despite some of the bugs. I've used Scorekeeper on my Palm for a long time. It too had a steep learning curve, but even with the problems I've had with iScore, I don't want to go back to Scorekeeper.

Don't know if this is a bug, but it has happened to me several times. In the middle of the game, I noticed that the batter bats left, and so I go to lineup to change that. When I return to scoring, all of the fielders numbers have disappeared from their position circles. The position circles remain blank for both teams for the rest of the game. The app seems to retain whose in that position, they just aren't displayed.
bsweetser

Re: Fielders #s disappear after changing player's left/right

Post by bsweetser » Wed May 27, 2009 7:47 am

I think something similar has happened to others (I haven't personally seen it), and I think there is a work around to close the app and go back in. The numbers should then reappear.

FTM is aware of this issue (though maybe not the particular way you got there) and have it on their radar for repair).

ben
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 27, 2009 9:41 am

If you get the white buttons, the fix is exit and go back in. We believe we have resolved this in the 1.65 release, but will not know for sure until there are no more reports of it occurring. As bsweetser said, if you exit the app and go back in, everything is restored.

If anyone has this happen while using 1.65, please let us know... and even better, please let us know the steps to reproduce it if it happens consistently.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
djandyo

Post by djandyo » Wed May 27, 2009 11:21 am

I believe I have the latest version and I had it happen this weekend to me. I am not sure where I see the version number of what I have. Again, no big deal to exit out and go back in. It seems like I constantly get a phone call durign the game anyway where it takes me out of the program as it is (Wow is that annoying!) FTM, can you make it connect to voicemail so it will say "Don't call me, I am using the phone to score a game!" hee-hee.
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Wed May 27, 2009 11:27 am

The version number displays on the opening page. The latest, 1.65.08, was just made available last night (26 May 2009).

ben
djandyo

Post by djandyo » Wed May 27, 2009 11:36 am

Thank you! I just saw that in a different part of the forum. I can't wait to download it!