Picking Defense with 10 Fielders

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
gadgetfreak

Picking Defense with 10 Fielders

Post by gadgetfreak » Thu May 21, 2009 12:47 pm

So I was following another thread which recommended how to handle a little league game where there are 10 fielders, 12 batters and one kid on the roster who didn't show up. Basically, there are two options:

1) Leave him in as a batter and just skip him each time.
2) Delete him from the roster.

The above needs to be done or else when you make fielding changes each inning it will show as subs. I prefer the first because maybe the kid is just late and will show up later.

Anyway, when there are 10 fielders and you get to the screen by tapping any field position and it says "Select the fielding position you would like to change", there are only 9 positions listed - the OF is missing. You can, of course go back to the picture of the field and click the OF and make the change there but it is confusing that only 9 positions are showing.

I fear the developers have shot themselves in the foot here :). They are SO receptive to comments that it makes us all think we should just tell them every little thing we think of. The program is perfect for what it does and for the cost. I can tell you like to hear the feeback anyway, so I will continue offering it. But don't take it as any criticism, because it is not.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Picking Defense with 10 Fielders

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 21, 2009 2:22 pm

You can "Flick Scroll" to the right to see the "OF" position. This will generally be true throughout the application. If it looks like a piece of data is missing, it is likely because the screen is too small and you just have to flick scroll to see additional information. It is there...
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
gadgetfreak

Post by gadgetfreak » Fri May 22, 2009 5:13 am

And, sure enough, you are correct. I never thought to flick horizontally. When you do that, it shows a little horizontal dark bar to sort of indicate that you are scrolling right. Would it make sense to have that bar visible initially with a little space on the right to indicate that you have the ability to scroll right? Or should we just let people figure it out on their own (or ask on the forums like I did) :)?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri May 22, 2009 8:18 am

It's just the way Apple's "Human Interface Guidelines" make things work. They would actually reject the application if we tried to make the scrollbar visible.

I thought we had already covered "flicking for data" in one of the two videos we have created, but if not, when we make a third video, we will be sure to point out that any time you are not seeing data you think you should be, you should try giving the data a "flick".

We will likely be making a third video after one of the next couple of releases as enough new features are added to warrant another one.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs