App Allows for Impossibility

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
gadgetfreak

App Allows for Impossibility

Post by gadgetfreak » Thu May 21, 2009 12:13 pm

A man on 1st and second. 3rd batter hits a double. It asks what happened to the guy on second. I say he come home (advanced by batter). It asks what happened to the guy on first. I can do any of the bases. I say he went to second (advanced by batter). It says what happened to the batter. My choices are second third or home (I can't select first). If I select any of them, the guy that was on second just disappears. Yep. Vanishes into thin air. No out or anything. I now only see the batter on 2nd or 3rd or else I wrote home and he scored the second run.

Clearly this is an input error as the guy on first can't advance just one base if the batter hit a double. But it is so easy to make that mistake, it would be nice if the program had a way of prohibiting impossible scenarios.

Is this an enhancement or a issue?
bsweetser

Re: App Allows for Impossibility

Post by bsweetser » Thu May 21, 2009 12:31 pm

That is weird... when I've had similar situations, it always advanced the runners appropriately. In this case, the runner on second shows at home, and I say he was advanced by the batter. The runner who was on first shows on third, and I mark him as being advanced by the batter (or move him home and say he was advanced by the batter). I don't usually select a base unless i need to advance the runner further. I just verified this and it works the way I would expect, perhaps with the caveat being that it does not prevent you from changing the runner who was at first to ending up on second...

ben
gadgetfreak

Post by gadgetfreak » Thu May 21, 2009 12:43 pm

You are correct that it "defaults" to the proper base. But it is possible to change the base when recording the play. And, if that is done (accidentally), the player vanishes. It would be nice if there was some "idiot prevention" :) built in.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 21, 2009 2:42 pm

We will add this to the list of things to fix, but it is going to be a lower priority item. We default the player as moving to third base, so you actually have to go out of your way to move the player back to second in this case.

Thank you for finding this quirk... it is hard to think of every way a person might try and score a play incorrectly. :D
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs