Long time for team cumulative stats

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
jdonato

Long time for team cumulative stats

Post by jdonato » Thu May 21, 2009 11:17 am

Hi
With just 11 games scored, when I try to see the team cumulative stats, it takes about 1 minute and 15 seconds, which is a relatively long time (although when read, it doesn't seems like much ;) )

Is this normal?
Is this a fixed time for processing stats, or should I expect longer and longer times as more games are scored?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Long time for team cumulative stats

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 21, 2009 2:03 pm

In the current versions, it recalculates the stats completely whenever you do the cumulative stats, so it will get longer and longer. We will be adding an enhancement to a future version which will store the game summary stat data in a separate table (instead of having to calculate each time), and that will be a huge speed improvement. This improvement may come as early as the 1.70 release, but if it doesn't make it to that release, it will be in the following release.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:01 am

Just an update:

With 22 games scored, it now takes 3 minutes for the cumulative stats to appear. Also, sometimes the app crashes while retrieving the cumulative stats (if I enter the app again, retrieving the stats works fine).

Obviously I cannot check stats on-the-fly during the game....
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:51 am

We are working on summarizing stats in a more efficient way so they don't have to be recalculated every time you view the cumulative data. This is a high priority item for us and we will be getting it into the product as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:23 pm

That's great news!