New version lineup does not save

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
mcrawford620

New version lineup does not save

Post by mcrawford620 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:33 pm

With version 3.0 in my first two games, the lineup simply has not saved when inputting the starting lineup.

In both games I created a new game and then started setting the starting Lineups as normal. But when I hit Done the defense lineup shown for the home team is not correct. And I cannot make any changes to correct it. If I go Back and change the lineup and hit Done again, there is no effect as the lineup is still wrong. I have to start the game then exit and edit the starting lineup through the pitch by pitch. Very frustrating. Same for the visitor lineup and for that one right now I can't even edit it through the PBP way. Starting pitcher is wrong and two fielders. Never had this issue with old version. Any way to downgrade? This versions unusable if this continues.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: New version lineup does not save

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:55 pm

We are looking into this issue... thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:31 am

Couple questions about this - does your lineup screen have multiple players assigned to the same position before you are pressing Done? or did you happen to use the Options->Preset Fielders option?
mcrawford620

Post by mcrawford620 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:20 pm

I definitely have multiple players assigned to the same position. This was of course not a problem with the previous version because it just took the top listed fielder at each position. I liked that method because I could save the most common position for each player. I did not use the Preset Fielders option.
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Does the lineup save if the fielders are assigned conventionally or does it not save either way?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:15 pm

We have found an issue with multiple players assigned to the same position, and believe that is what is causing the issue you are seeing. Yes, the previous version took the first player's assigned to each position, and we have fixed it so the next update will return to that functionality. In the meantime, if you can assign one player to each position for the lineup each game, things should work fine.
mcrawford620

Post by mcrawford620 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:28 am

Thanks for the reply. Look forward to the updated version.