Bases loaded Fielder's choice, how to score

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
jdonato

Bases loaded Fielder's choice, how to score

Post by jdonato » Mon May 18, 2009 8:42 pm

OK, this has been brought up before but I can't find an answer:

As stated, bases loaded, two outs, batter hits a ground ball, forcing out the player running from first to second. It has been stated that the correct way to do this is:

Runner at third: held up (do not advance or it will score)
Runner at second: advanced by batter to third
Runner at first: Force Out at second
etc.

The problem is that when I assign held up to the runner at third, I cannot assign anything else to the other players, since "Third" is grayed out for the runner from second, and "Second" is grayed out for the runner coming from first,

What to do?? I have asked about similar situations where there were no runs that could be scored, but now there could be a scoring error if I advance the runner from third.

Please help.
jdonato

Re: Bases loaded Fielder's choice, how to score

Post by jdonato » Mon May 18, 2009 8:53 pm

Well never mind. :oops:

Even though you cannot select the bases, if you held up runners at third and second, forcing out the runner from first (without selecting any base) will correctly score the play (in the scorecard) as a Force Out while ruuning from first to second.

I was confused because previous posts stated about advancing batters, but I could not select the base he was advancing to.