App crashes after update

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Ducatiky

App crashes after update

Post by Ducatiky » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:30 pm

I just downloaded the new update and installed on my IPhone via the app store.

After rebooting my phone, I was anxious to try out the new reporting features and loaded a previously scored game. When I tried to start the game the app crashed. Reboot, try again same crash. Reboot some more start a new game, enter lineups, tried to start game crash. Reboot, delete all games, start a new game, enter lineups, try to start the game, crash. Tried several more times all the same crash. When I press the button to start the game the app crashes every time.

So far the update has been a failure on my end, app doesn't work anymore and I lost the data from my previously scored game. Season starts this week. (got lucky with a rain-out tonite)

James

Edit-- Got the app to work by deleting the app from my phone and redownloading from the app store. This deleted all my saved teams and players. So much for seamless updates.
jdonato

Re: App crashes after update

Post by jdonato » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi
I have somewhat the same problem. I downloaded previous version, entered two team rosters, but did not scored a game (waiting for upgrade).

I downloaded upgrade, went to score a new game, added my two previously entered teams, arranged lineups, got to the "field", and when I hit play, the app crashes. I enter iScore again, go to games, select the game, crash. Deleted game. Added new game with same teams, same results. Rebooted, same results....

Is there a solution besides deleting the app?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Hey guys... there is one very important step for existing customers after installing the upgrade.

I have outlined this step in a new post here:

http://iscore.freeforums.org/important- ... 6-t27.html

Doing the steps in the above line allows our server to update your database to the new format.

James - My email to you on these steps apparently came too late... very sorry about that. You would not have had to lose any data if these steps were done.

I am updating the "what's new in this release" to include this step as well.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Thanks for the support!
I followed the instructions. I also needed to delete the game I had tried to create, but after that everything worked great.

Thanks again