weird behaviour when advancing player

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
cherrybomb

weird behaviour when advancing player

Post by cherrybomb » Tue May 12, 2009 4:38 pm

I touch a player on first to have them steal second. They disappear. Figure I've done something wrong, undo and try and again. Yup, they disappear. Looking at the score pad and they have been advanced to home, just from me touching their number. Got around it by leaving them there and having them steal when the batter hit.
bsweetser

Re: weird behaviour when advancing player

Post by bsweetser » Tue May 12, 2009 5:44 pm

When you touch the batter to indicate the steal, are you tapping "Second" before tapping "Stolen Base?"

ben
cherrybomb

Post by cherrybomb » Tue May 12, 2009 7:56 pm

I don't even get to tap stolen base. All I tap is their player number. Instead of the screen that lets me indicate their status, they disappear from the field altogether.
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Tue May 12, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm not sure... Is it happening just with a particular player, or does it happen with every player you try? You may need to export your db to support to be checked out.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 12, 2009 8:08 pm

This is an issue that was fixed in version 1.6 as well.. as soon as it is approved this will no longer happen. It happens when you have a home run in an inning, and then try an advance a runner on base.

To get around the issue until 1.6 is out, if you exit the application and go back in before trying to advance the runner, the runner will no longer disappear.

Home runs were causing an internal issue with the scoring that would cause the runner to disappear.

Sorry for the trouble.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
igitur

Post by igitur » Wed May 13, 2009 5:07 pm

I had the disappearing problem myself twice, tonight, but one of the times a home run was not involved. It was a simple stolen base on a passed ball (scored as stolen base.) The only way I got the runners to the correct bases was with a subsequent walk. Any ideas? I have exported the game to your database w/ customer id of F1FBDC625D. I also had to reboot in order to email both the scoresheet and cumulative stats after I was successful with an email of the game stats. Please get new release approved.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 13, 2009 5:40 pm

There were a few situations that could have caused the disappearing runner... all were fixed with version 1.60. Homerun was just the most common and is why I mentioned it. Version 1.60 also allows emailing of multiple items at once, so the second issue should go away as well.

I wish there were a way to speed Apple up with the approval... we are as anxious as anyone for the new release to be approved.

Thank you.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 13, 2009 5:41 pm

There were a few situations that could have caused the disappearing runner... all were fixed with version 1.60. Homerun was just the most common and is why I mentioned it. Version 1.60 also allows emailing of multiple items at once, so the second issue should go away as well.

I wish there were a way to speed Apple up with the approval... we are as anxious as anyone for the new release to be approved.

Thank you.