Batting around

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
bsweetser

Batting around

Post by bsweetser » Mon May 11, 2009 7:37 am

In the games I have scored, I have come across two issues on the scorecard relating to the lineup batting around.

I have twice had each player in the lineup come to the plate. When exactly 9 batters bat in the inning (MLB - so this is every spot), the scorecard incorrectly labels the subsequent inning as the same inning. In yesterday's game, it was the third inning, so the 4th inning is also labeled as 3 on the scorecard, and each following inning is marked as one lower than it should be. This seems to be the only problem, as other changes, such as substitutions, are properly denoted in the Inning column and the stats seem to properly reflect the appropriate innings.

When I had 10 players come to the plate in an inning (one player came to the plate twice in the same inning), the two plate appearances overlapped instead of the second appearance being pushed to the next column on the scorecard.

ben
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Batting around

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 11, 2009 8:20 am

We will check into both of these issues, and make sure they are fixed for the next release. The way it is supposed to work is if you bat through the lineup, it will keep adding columns with the same inning number and show the batters in the next columns as needed.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
pujoe1

Post by pujoe1 » Sat May 16, 2009 7:04 am

It worked correctly for me last night. The Angels batted around in the 9th against the Texas Rangers. The scorebook has two 9th inning columns on the pdf scoresheet.

Bob
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat May 16, 2009 8:29 am

We have actually identified the issue a few people have experienced related to this. If exactly the # of batters in your lineup bats in an inning, the inning number is listed a second time. This was an issue with the program deciding when an inning should wrap around, and it is fixed in the 1.60 release we are still waiting for.

Just to clarify... if you have 9 batters in a lineup, if 8 batters come to the plate in an inning, it is fine. If 9 batters come to the plate, you will see the inning # incorrectly listed twice. If 10 or more batters come to the plate, then things will correctly show two columns with the same inning number.
bethsportsmomma

Post by bethsportsmomma » Sat May 23, 2009 1:14 pm

I had a similar issue. Today our team batted around twice in the first inning with 4 batters hitting three times. On the 2nd time around batters 1 and 2's at bats showed up over lapping their first time at bat and their 3rd time at bat showed up where their 2nd at bat should have shown up.

Batter 1-1st at bat hit a double-marked as a double in f1st column for 1st inning, 2nd at bat hit a HR and the HR is now overlapping the double in the first column. 2nd column of 1st inning shows a single which was actually his 3rd at bat. 3rd column of 1st inning shows gray for this batter. Hope that make sense??
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat May 23, 2009 5:53 pm

@bethsportsmomma -

We believe we have this fixed in the 1.65 release that is awaiting approval, but if you could export your database to us, we would like to take a look and verify.

Go to the Options menu, click Export. When you get a success message, email us at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false, and include your customer ID (bottom left corner of Options menu), and a note with which game is showing overlapping scoring.

Thank you.
bethsportsmomma

Post by bethsportsmomma » Sat May 23, 2009 6:29 pm

trying to export data but keep getting unsuccessful pop-up. will try again tomorrow.

Thanks!
bethsportsmomma

Post by bethsportsmomma » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:39 am

just wondering if you were able to determine why I had the problem with batting around.

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:42 am

I'm pretty sure we did. Did you email us (I'm sorry, this was from over a week ago, so I don't remember the specific issu)? And did we not respond to the email? Usually we respond very fast.

We found an issue on scorecards where if you have a batter in your lineup that is listed, but never bats (usually means they were in the lineup when Play! was pressed, but then you removed them so it leaves a blank line, or you Skipped the batter every time they were up), then batting around will cause the overlap for however many players were skipped. This is fixed for our 1.7 release.

If this was not your issue, please let us know.

Thank you.