iTouch Crashing

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
RazzyB

iTouch Crashing

Post by RazzyB » Sun May 10, 2009 10:36 am

Hello, sorry that my first post is an issue. I scored my first game last night. In the top of the ninth I added Ken Griffey Jr. to the lineup as a pinch hitter, and then the app crashed when I resumed play. I uninstalled it from my iTouch (3rd Gen) and after reinstalling it tried to score the M's/Twins game this morning. After Ichiro grounded out for the first out, the app crashed again while entering the out information.

Now, the app will launch but crash after the game is selected, the roster screen appears and right after I select "Play" :(

Are these two separate issues, or did I screw something up? Does the addition of Ken Griffey, Jr. to the lineup cause instability issues to the app :) ??

Thanks
Brian in Seattle
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: iTouch Crashing

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 10, 2009 11:41 am

Hi there... we have it documented in other places in the forum that a "comma" in a name causes the application to crash right now in different spots. If you edit the player, and remove the comma from the name, things will function fine.

The release that was posted to Apple last week (should be approved this week) fixes that issue, and you will be able to put the commas back in names.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
RazzyB

Post by RazzyB » Sun May 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Ha! I knew it was Griffey's fault!! Thanks! Brian
coach softball

Post by coach softball » Mon May 11, 2009 9:01 am

I seem to be having the same problem. I scored a game and it returned to the main itouch screen in the middle of the play. When I open the app again and try to score the same game, it returns me to the home screen every time I hit play. I checked for the comma issue and I do not have any names with commas that I can see.

Thanks. Love the app!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 11, 2009 9:16 am

If you can send us your database, we will take a look and see what is going on. To send your database, press Options from the main menu, then click Export. When you get a Success message, send us an email at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false, and send us your customer ID (bottom left corner of options screen). We will look at your data and let you know what we find.

Thank you.
coach softball

Post by coach softball » Mon May 11, 2009 9:22 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I will do that when I get home and am able to connect to wifi.
kbum

Post by kbum » Tue May 12, 2009 3:16 pm

I am having the same issue. When scoring a game, I was kicked out of the application and taken to the home page. If I launch iscore again, select the game, click on PLAY...it kicks me out of iscore again. It seemed to have happened when I did substitutions to change the pitcher. I believe the order of events were:

- clicked on pitcher icon, substitution screen came up
- moved pitcher to LF, LF to 2nd base, 2nd base to 3rd base and 3rd to pitcher
- SAVE
- all fielders icons now have no number
- I clicked on the game settings icon, viewed stats or scorecard (not sure which)
- clicked BACK (hoping all this would maybe refresh the page)
- all fielders still blank
- tried to continue play, but was kicked out

Let me know if you'd like me to send you my database.
Thanks!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Yes, if you could please send your database, we would like to take a look. On options menu. click export, and after a success message, email us with your user ID.

Thank you.
FrankfortKy_Coach

Post by FrankfortKy_Coach » Fri May 15, 2009 4:27 pm

The iScore was at first crashing after the very first batter was recorded as a strikeout. I determend that th visiting team had a player with a comma in his name. I removed the comma and was able to continue the game at the second batter in the first inning.

When I got to the third inning, I went to the substitution screen by touching the pitcher icon. I then started changing the Pitcher to Catcher, Catcher to Outfielder, 2nd Base to Pitcher, and Outfielder to 2nd Base. After making the noted changes, I clicked the SAVE button and the iScore crashes. The crash sends me to my iPod home page.

What should I be doing to correct this problem? :?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri May 15, 2009 6:09 pm

Please export your database to us so we can take a look. Go to the Options menu, click export, and after getting a Success message, email us at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false with your Customer ID (bottom left of options screen).

If you can copy/paste your message from above into the email (or include the link to this thread), it will remind us of the issue we are looking for.

Thank you.