Team Stats - co-mingled?

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
fjdawson

Team Stats - co-mingled?

Post by fjdawson » Thu May 07, 2009 6:01 am

When I pull up the Team Stats for a particular team, players from other teams are included?
bsweetser

Re: Team Stats - co-mingled?

Post by bsweetser » Thu May 07, 2009 7:21 am

I'm not seeing any issues with team reporting in my database. Can you verify the roster for the team only includes the people you are expecting? Does the problem happen with all your teams?

If the above does not appear to be the issue, try uploading your database for FTM to take a look.

ben
fjdawson

Post by fjdawson » Thu May 07, 2009 8:07 am

Thank you, ben! It looks like only two rosters are being co-mingled and i have confirmed that the rosters are set-up correctly. How do i get u the data, simply use the EXPORT function and it's uploaded to you?
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Thu May 07, 2009 8:17 am

Actually, I'm just a user. 8-)

You would want to Export, then send an email to support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false with your user ID. Explain the issue, and they can take a look.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 07, 2009 9:43 am

We beleive we already know the reason for this. It is likely that you inadvertently pressed the 'Swap' button in the lineup screen before your game started. The Swap button swaps the team's lineups so Team A would get Team B's lineup for that game and vice versa. When you then go to Team Stats for Team A it looks at the lineup and includes all the players it finds. In this case Team B's players. It also includes all the normal Team A players from other games. The result is co-mingled teams.

The Swap button is very close to the lower players in the lineup and sometimes when people try to rearrange the order of the lower players by dragging them with the drag icon they accidentally hit Swap.

In version 1.6, which was submitted to Apple yesterday and should be approved within a week, we have addressed this issue. When you click the Swap button now it shows a dialog that asks if you want to swap the lineups or the teams. Swapping lineups used to be useful early in iScore development with the way teams were created but now swapping teams is much more useful. You can also click Cancel to leave things as they are. This change in version 1.6 will prevent any more accidental clicks on Swap.

This will however not fix your existing data. There is a chance that if you Export your data we can go into the database and modify it by hand to fix it. This is a difficult procedure so we can not make any promises but if you would like us to try we will.
In an upcoming release we wll provide the ability to include or exclude individual games in total team stats so that might be another feature that may help.

If you would like us to try to fix your data, please follow the export steps above and let us know by email.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
fjdawson

Post by fjdawson » Thu May 07, 2009 10:36 am

FTM Support, thank you! I think i can get by until your next release comes out, no need to attempt to fix my existing data (although thanks for the offer!). Your explanation re: the swap function sounds like what happened if recall...