Substitution problem

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
RoundingThird

Substitution problem

Post by RoundingThird » Tue May 05, 2009 8:18 am

In our league (7-9 yrs) we bat all players and play 10. We have a 40 pitch count rule keeping players from playing the next game. So we end up switching players around on the pitching mound alot. If a player is in position 10 or higher on the batting order then I cannot move him because those buttons are off screen and I can't scroll to them. Since all players are listed as batting there is no bench players in the list. So if my pitcher is batting 3 and my SS is batting 10 I can click the pitcher and move him to SS but I can't click the SS and move him to Pitcher. Right now I have to go to lineup and change his actual position.

Also the rules in our league are 2 innings of live pitch and 4 innings of pitching machine. I've made a player on all teams named Pitching Machine(#) with assigned batting as No. However when I put Pitching Machine(#) in when the 3rd inning comes somehow PM(#) shows up on the screen as batting in place of my original pitcher. When I go to lineup to fix it the original pitcher is still listed in that spot, the only way I've been able to fix this is to go to lineup swap the batter after the pitcher with the pitcher go back to play screen then go back to the lineup and swap them back to correct order. Of course the scorecards get messy with this. Maybe you could put a Pitching machine option in because when we put the machine in the kid is still playing the position just not accumulating any pitching stats.

Thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Substitution problem

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 05, 2009 10:03 am

All of the screens should be scrollable with a "flick" motion. So anywhere something is appearing offscreen, try a flick-scroll to get to that data. If there is a screen that is not working on for you, please let us know which one it is.

In all players bat leagues, having a player marked as Batting=No switches the game to "substitutions" mode (the way major league baseball works) instead of "all players bat mode". This really complicates things. If you really want to track the pitching machine, I would suggest putting it in the lineup with batting = Yes in the last spot, and then when on offense, use the "Skip Batter" option (press Misc button on main scoring screen and Skip Batter is an option... you can skip the pitching machine and select the option to not count it as an out).

Try a game this way and see if it works better for you.

We can add "pitching machine pitching" to our enhancement requests, but unless a lot of people join in asking for this feature as well, it is going to be a low priority.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
RoundingThird

Re: Substitution problem

Post by RoundingThird » Tue May 05, 2009 10:38 am

Thanks, looked at the program again, my problem with the scroll is that I was trying to scroll from side to side the whole screen when only the top part of the screen scrolled. This will allow me to make substitutions without going to lineup which will help alot and may get rid of the pitching stat problem I mentioned in other post which based on your reply there makes since, since I've been using lineup to put in my new pitcher when I couldn't scroll sideways. This will help alot. As for the skipping of the pitching machine I'll give that a try sounds like it may take care of that problem as well.