Missing games and ALL LEAGUE Is enabled

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Virgil Taylor

Missing games and ALL LEAGUE Is enabled

Post by Virgil Taylor » Fri May 13, 2011 11:44 am

I was getting ready for a game and I could not find my team in Team Manager. I checked all possible League Manager settings but still did not find it. Not knowing what else to do I created a new team with a slightly different name. So now I have one game with the new name and many, many others with the original name. I still have all the other games for the original team, but can access only the new team for cumulative stats. Help!
OhioTex

Re: TIP - Check League Assignments, if data is missing...

Post by OhioTex » Fri May 13, 2011 12:22 pm

A) is your original problem "missing team" behind you ?
(recall set ALL league to checked / on, when things seem to go missing, that is a great troubleshooting step)

B) If you have multiple versions of the same team. you can use "merge" , to combine them to the correct master.
steps
1- OPTION > EXPORT (create a safety back up)
2- Team Manager > Merge (bottom left button)
3 _ Follow On screen instructions
(Team on Left becomes Master, Team on Right goes away, if you have a team web site, make sure it is team on left)
Virgil Taylor

Post by Virgil Taylor » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:46 am

After not visiting iScore since September, I checked in and find that there is NO EVIDENCE of any team or league on the App. What happened?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:24 pm

there are a number of starter questions, sorry if too basic.. Are you still using the same device? have you tried turning on ALL league.? what device are you using iPhone, android etc.
Virgil Taylor

Post by Virgil Taylor » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:42 am

I am using a first generation iPad. I have made sure that ALL is checked. There has been no change in the device am using with one exception. I upgraded the operating system to IOS5.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:34 am

Ok, it sounds like perhaps you lost the score database in the iOS upgrade process..., deepening on how you did that it is possible

I know it has been months (September ) since you used iscore regularly, but the fastest mots simple solution is... if you are the type that exported iscore (Option > Export) regularly to the admin server, then you have a back up of your data there, and i would Option > Import and reload your database on the iPad.

if you are not the type to have exported, then depending on the procedures you took when upgrading to iOS5 , apple may have stored a backup of the score data base on the PC/mac connected to your iPad.

To all reading, OPTION > EXPORT after every scored game is a critical practice to keep your admin server database backed up on isocre.

(iscore does work on Ipad 1 and iOS 5)
kidglovs

Post by kidglovs » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:06 pm

Interesting scenario for my problem. I have a game that ended in a tie. About a month later, we met up with the team again to finish the game (because of a new high school rule that does not allow ties in district games). I'm going to explain in detail hopefully it's not too long winded.

I went back in to the game and clicked play to continue where we left off.
One of our players was injured during the two week period and another player was brought up from JV in his place.
I exited the game, changed to the "JV" league, and found the player being brought up.
I selected the player and checked off the varsity league (now he is in both the JV and the Varsity League)
I Went back to leagues and turned off the JV league and left varsity turned on
The player now shows up in the varsity list....I Entered the game again and proceeded to score
I entered the "misc" menu, selected "show starting lineup" and added the JV player to the roster
When the injured player came up as a hitter in the app, I replaced him with the newly added JV player.

Here's the problem:
The new player hit a single, but the stats for that game and the team cummulative stats do not reflect the hit. I noticed because its his only hit of the season in varsity and it stood out to me. When you look at the pitch by pitch for the game, the hit is there for the player......

I have checked all leagues associated with the player the team and the game and they are all correct. I am pretty familiar with the league options and it is a very useful tool. I don't know if jersey # has any bearing on this problem. That particular game he was wearing a # that he does not normally wear.....

Any help is appreciated.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Jersey number would not have anything to do with it, but the player has to be added to the Team Roster in order to be seen in Team Stats. Go to Team Manager, select the varsity team, select Roster, select Add Player, and select the player from your existing set of players. He will then appear in the team stats when viewing the varsity team stats.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
kidglovs

Post by kidglovs » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:14 pm

He is there. His base hit still does not show up in the individual game stats nor in the team stats. There are other games that he has appeard in that do show stats for him, but that one particular game is not generating stats for him....

Do you recommend exporting, logging in to the admin site and rebuilding the database? Then I could import and check again?

Thanks for the support!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:03 pm

It sounds like a duplicate player has been created and possibly deleted. See this link for more information on fixing that type of situation:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6191&p=27662#p27662" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs