app freezing and inability to enter outcomes of plays

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
igitur

app freezing and inability to enter outcomes of plays

Post by igitur » Tue May 05, 2009 7:07 am

Just finished scoring my second game in iScore and I still think it's a great app. However, right out of the box, last nite, I had -1 jersey problems with both our teams (had already corrected it, I thought, while setting lineup,) and in first inning, while entering pitches and plays, the app froze up and I was unable to move on til a number of pitches/plays later. When I got operation returned to me, runs that had scored were gone, wrong batter was up and in order to fix, I had to go through the whole lineup skipping batters until I could get to a point where I just entered IPHR's for the runs that got purged. Any other experiences like this out there? It gets a little frantic, as the real game continues and I have to scramble to catch up as well as note what just happened on the field. Later in the game I had another freeze, but there seemed to be time to fix before too many other Plays happened. Please advise.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: app freezing and inability to enter outcomes of plays

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 05, 2009 9:22 am

NOTE: The -1 issue is fixed in the release we are about to post. There is more info on it and how to avoid it here: http://iscore.freeforums.org/avoiding-1 ... d-t85.html

All of the issues you experienced during the game are most likely related to having had the -1 issue in the lineup. When this happens, you need to make sure to update three parts of each player that gets effect - their jersey number, assign them a position (will show them having nothing assigned, not even "Out"), and the batting = Yes/No flag. If you do not fix all three, it puts the game in a very unreliable state.

As noted above, the good news is there is a workaround to avoid the issue, and even better is that it is fixed in the next release.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
igitur

Post by igitur » Tue May 05, 2009 10:06 am

If all three of those instances must be covered, then app will be unstable if we don't also have a position designated for the opposing team? That info is not always indicated by the opposing team. As far as our team, I have indicated players positions in the roster and change them within the game, but not all players (read batters) have a position when there are more than 10 roster players. Please advise.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 05, 2009 10:11 am

You can mark a player's positions as "Out" meaning they are not currently playing defense. When the -1 issue occurs, you will see that a player may have nothing at all highlighted on the selector for positions. Every player should have something (either Out or an actual position).

For the opposing team, you can have "Out" marked for every position, and things work fine. In fact, when scoring some of my kid's games, I really don't care about the opposing team's defense, so the only player I track for them is who is pitching. Every other player on their team I leave marked as "Out" for their position. The important thing is that "something" is marked.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs