Pitching - OBP and RA stats aren't correct?

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Chris

Pitching - OBP and RA stats aren't correct?

Post by Chris » Mon May 04, 2009 8:38 am

I have experienced problems with the pitching issues that have been referenced earlier and am looking forward to the new release to address them. However, as I've done some manual calculations to address this, I've noticed that two pitching stats don't look correct to me:
1 - OBP - this looks wrong for all of my pitchers. for example... Michael Johnson has faced 23 batters, given up 2 hits and walked 5 (no HBP). To me, that means that the opposing BA is .111 (2 hits / 17 ABs) and opposing OBP is .304 (2 hits + 5 walks / 23 PAs) but OBP listed in the stats is .087. Looks to me like you are doing the calculation as 2 hits / 23 PAs.

2 - I think you have RA listed in the legend incorrectly. Legend says that it's "Runs average (per 9 innings)" when it really looks like it should read "Runs average per inning".

I've exported my data to you so you can take a look. Customer ID C3D11F4B5E.

Once again I will say: You have a great app! Thanks for so quickly addressing all the issues raised in this forum!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Pitching - OBP and RA stats aren't correct?

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 04, 2009 8:54 am

Yes, OBP is not calculated correclty in the current version... you are correct. We were just taking (hits allowed) / (batters faced). So it is really more of a "hit percentage" than an on base percentage.
We have this corrected for the next release, and have also added BAA (Batting Average Against) for pitchers.

For RA, good catch. We have fixed the legend now for the upcoming release. It is in fact per inning as you say.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs