Mapping issue

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
tblodgett

Mapping issue

Post by tblodgett » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:52 pm

Bringing in games from another device, which takes a while because of all the mapping, but has gone fairly smoothly. BUT I have two games where the device says a few players have been previously mapped ... but certainly not properly. They're players with completely different names. And I can't seem to tell it not to map it to those players. It acts like I'm stuck with the connection. Don't want to import those two games till I have this solved.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Mapping issue

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:49 pm

On the "original" device, create a new player for each of those two players and use the "Merge" option in Player Manager, and select the newly created player(s) in the Left column, and the original player(s) in the right column. This will create a new version of the players with an ID that the second device has never seen before. Then do the data transfer. (You may want to name the new players something slightly different so you are sure you are selecting the new players in the Left list... then rename them after the merge is complete.)
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
tblodgett

Post by tblodgett » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:59 pm

Well, there's a problem with that. I no longer have the original device. I have the username/password for it so I can see the exported results online, but not the device itself.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:31 am

The issue is the mapping is not intended to be undone as it can lead to issues where you can have one player mapped to multiple players if the references did not become permanent.

An alternative would be if you happen to have another device (iphone or ipad), you can do a data share to that second device, then do the merging there, then data share to the device that already has the mapping in place from that second device.
tblodgett

Post by tblodgett » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:19 pm

Appreciate the suggestion, less so the snotty-nosed lecture. These players hadn't been previously mapped.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:29 pm

Sorry you took something we said as a "snotty-nosed lecture". Not sure which part you took that way but it was certainly not intended. Just letting you know how / why the system works as it does.