Positions disappeared on some players after crash

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Bevo

Positions disappeared on some players after crash

Post by Bevo » Sat May 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Half of the players lost their positions, I'm in the middle of a game and I cant reassign the positions. I select the player from the lineup, select the position, press 'Done' and go back to 'Play'. When I try to substitute a pitcher, they don't show up in the list because the position didn't stay! I've tried the 'flicking through the list' trick to cause the 'save' to no avail.

I'm using 1.50.14.
:x :x :x
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Positions disappeared on some players after crash

Post by FTMSupport » Sat May 02, 2009 5:05 pm

If you exit out of the application, and go back in, it should resume right where you left off and you should be able to assign the positions as normal. We have not had anyone able to reproduce the steps that lead to this situation, so have not been able to identify a cause yet... but if it ever does happen, exiting and going back in should recover your situation.

We were disappointed that you would post a poor review (we noticed it in the app store) even before contacting us with any issues you may have, but if you truly don't like iScore, that is your choice.

The statement about not being able to handle a larger roster is just wrong. You can have a roster with an unlimited number of players. You decide who bats. If you do not want a player in your lineup, you can have them in the master team roster, and remove them at game time from the lineup.

To the point about stats, if something is wrong, we would love to look at your database to see what the issue is. You can send it to us by going to the Options menu, then select Export, and send us an email with your customer ID (from the Options page) in the bottom left corner after you have uploaded. Email should be sent to support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Bevo

Post by Bevo » Sun May 03, 2009 10:57 am

Well, that's just fine and dandy. Rather than fix an issue, you give instructions on how to get around it. Since when is exiting an application and going back in an intuitive way to make it work? And I hope you're not suggesting that it really didn't happen ("We have not had anyone able to reproduce the steps that lead to this situation,").

In any case, I'm happy that you're allowing me the latitude of posting a negative review and not liking iScore. I can assure you that contacting you with all of these issues first would not have changed my review. Your answers don't change the fact that there are some serious issues with your app, even with your 'workarounds'. (like the -1 suggestion).

I would suggest that rather than having to delete players from the game roster, it would make more sense to have a flag on the master. What's the point of having 'out' as a position choice, when those players show up on the game roster anyway?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 03, 2009 11:10 am

We will fix all issues that we can reproduce. If we can not reproduce it, we can not fix it though. The uniform # disappearing definitely does happen sometimes... we just have not been able to identify the cause because nobody has been able to give us steps to do it consistently. We have spent many many hours trying to reproduce it, but have not been able to do so in any controlled way. We are in no way saying it does not happen, we are just saying that if we can not come up with steps to reproduce, we don't have a way to fix it.

The -1 issue has been fixed for the upcoming release because we were able to identify the cause. Until the update comes out though, the best we can do is offer workarounds for any issues that are found.

The team roster is the roster of all players that belong to that team. The purpose of Out is so that when you go to make a substitution, the program knows which players are available to use as a substitute.

Thank you.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 03, 2009 3:38 pm

On rereading your original post it sounds as if you are trying to change player position in the Lineup screen after the game has started. This is not the recommended way to perform substitutions. Please view this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6UeanYIgmo for the proper way to perform substitutions. This video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXJ-r42T0Js also offers a basic run-through of iScore's features. Let us know if you have any further questions after viewing the videos.

Thank you.